Stopped to look at a New Truck

-
Nice truck but my G*d man, have they got expensive. Then again, I'm a cheap sob.

Maybe it's the fact that I'm getting older and wiser but I think that is ridiculous and stupid.

Buying a truck at that price level is like tossing $20,000 in the toilet.

Buy a 2010 and stick that $20,000 in your pocket.

Hell..... I paid less than that for my house and I just bought my house 2 months ago.

Nice little foreclosure on an 8,500 sqft lot. $58,000 cash.

100_2111.jpg

Remember when you could buy a nice house for that much? lol

Sadly, yes!

Maybe it's the fact that I'm getting older and wiser but I think that is ridiculous and stupid.

Hell..... I paid less than that for my house and I just bought my house 2 months ago.

Nice little foreclosure on an 8,500 sqft lot. $58,000.

And a nice little house that is too!

They cost what they cost! Get over it! This isn't 1970. That is one bad *** truck there, DO IT!!!

I looked at few trucks yesterday myself. That truck is really nice. I looked at a few Ford F250's and F350's diesel trucks. Ford does make a really nice truck. MMG

They cost what they cost! Get over it! This isn't 1970. That is one bad *** truck there, DO IT!!!

My mom will start that same kind of stuff when it come to money she'll say "I remember when I was ... blah, blah, blah," And I say "It's not 1970 no more!!!"

100_2111.jpg

I've already got a 2010

http://dealerrevs.com/gallery/25561040.html#photo

Was looking at getting into a Diesel and do some traveling with the wife !!:toothy8:

I think it is beige
I could not spend 60 grand on beige

the yellow house now thats a different story
money well spent if you ask me

ya its not 1970, but i bet that truck will have a lot more pesky problems than the bare bones 70 truck

If it's what you want, buy it. My opinion is I would not pay that for a truck.

A fine job yall have done on it, too. Looks real nice.

I've got all those nice things,I was thinking that the Diesel would be much better in the long run if I was to end up getting a 5th wheel like the wife and I have discussed !!Her profession (Speech Pathologist) offers traveling work,and we figured what better way to see the country !!

I just can't stand the cheap *** looking wheels !! Don't understand how they can build a kick *** truck and put lousy wheels on them !!

6.7 liter cummins turbo diesel
350 horse, 800 FT/LBS torque
yea I think it could pull a 5th wheel OK

I looked at few trucks yesterday myself. That truck is really nice. I looked at a few Ford F250's and F350's diesel trucks. Ford does make a really nice truck. MMG

I agree. Ford does have some nice trucks. What kills it for me is the diesel motor. They have really had some serious issues with these motors ever since they dropped the 7.3. Dodge on the other hand is still using the tried and true cummins powers plant. That right there seals the deal for me. That, and I just really don't like fords haha.

wow thats 1 nice trk, they r pricey but every thing is these days thats what i pd for both of my houses

You ain't gonna like the 6 speed tranny though. I got a 2011 Durango Hemi with the 6 speed and its been back 3 times for a flash upgrade and still shifts like ****! Have to anticipate any downshift by about 10 seconds because thats how long it thinks about what it wants to do when you floor it. A 3-5 second lag from neutral or park to any gear (reverse or drive are the only choices except for the paddle shifter setup). The only good thing is the 6 speed does keep the RPM up so it gets going a lot faster than the older trannys. Winds up so fast you think you are in a 6 cylinder...

ya its not 1970, but i bet that truck will have a lot more pesky problems than the bare bones 70 truck

I'm not sure about that. I have a 2001 F250 diesel with 260,000 miles. Original everything motor, transmission, and rearend. I pull 10,000+ pound trailers all the time with the AC on and leather seats. Best truck I have ever owned. If I had the funds I would upgrade to a new dodge. Maybe after another 200,000 miles.

These new diesel trucks are bad ***. :D

-
Back