Strange issues with blinkers (turning signals)

-

Kikowillers

Reaction score
Hello,

So today I was testing my Dart's lights with the engine off, and when testing the blinkers (turning signals), the following happened:

1) Left blinkers worked fine
2) Right blinkers turned on and remained on, no blinking whatsoever

I thought that was strange and I knew the blinkers had worked earlier on when the engine was running, so I turned the engine on to test it.

And as predicted, with the engine on the right blinkers worked again (??). However, they seem to blink slower than the left side.

Does anybody know what could be causing this? Any help is appreciated.

Cheers!

Hello,

So today I was testing my Dart's lights with the engine off, and when testing the blinkers (turning signals), the following happened:

1) Left blinkers worked fine
2) Right blinkers turned on and remained on, no blinking whatsoever

I thought that was strange and I knew the blinkers had worked earlier on when the engine was running, so I turned the engine on to test it.

And as predicted, with the engine on the right blinkers worked again (??). However, they seem to blink slower than the left side.

Does anybody know what could be causing this? Any help is appreciated.

Cheers!
Sounds like a bad ground. It could be anywhere in the lighting system. Like Grill mounted parking lights or side marker. On My '73,Bad grounds form other bulbs seems to always show up in the turn signals. Make sure Every light on the car is working and "Full" brightness. Find a dim one and that's your problem.

Sounds like a bad ground. It could be anywhere in the lighting system. Like Grill mounted parking lights or side marker. On My '73,Bad grounds form other bulbs seems to always show up in the turn signals. Make sure Every light on the car is working and "Full" brightness. Find a dim one and that's your problem.
Excellent advice :prayer: 99% of electrical probs are due to bad or no grounds in the system :sign7:

Excellent advice :prayer: 99% of electrical probs are due to bad or no grounds in the system :sign7:

I only have parking lights on the grille and tailights, no side markers or anything else lighting-wise. None of the bulbs look dim.

The ground for the parking lights is fairly visible and looks ok, but where is the ground for the tailights?

Cheers!

Battery standing voltage will flash one side but not the other. Charging system voltage will flash both means
Weak connection somewhere but not nessesarily the grounds.
I suppose it could be the flasher or connections to it. Find it mounted on the right side of the ashtray bracket.

Red is right. Could be a poor connection just about anywhere, from the ground, / socket/ bulb, or even different TYPES of bulbs to just a SLIGHTLY bad connection in the switch.

And, it could simply be a flasher "on the edge."

Ok, so many possibilities here.

I'll start by replacing the flasher, then move from there.

Just to clear it, it could be a bad connection anywhere? Not just in the blinker wiring?? That sounds like a bummer!

Thanks for the help guys.

Cheers.

I think if you check all four bulbs, you'll find you have one oddball,.. ie, 2 - 1157's on one side,, and a 1157, and maybe a 1034 on the other,.. put the same bulb in all 4 corners, and problem will prob go away,,, If all 4 are the same, change the flasher..

-
Back