Street Demon

-
Has anyone used the Street Demon 625 on their 273?
No, but in my opinion a 625 is a little big on a 273. I'd try and find a 450 or a 390cfm. I have a 600cfm on my 318 and its a little too big for that. let alone a 273. just my opinion.

I actually really think you would like it. It has small primaries kind of like a thermoquad. or the edelbrock AVS2.

I have a Street Demon, but it never made it to the 273 yet. It is definitely not too big. I have run a 750 TQ on 273's without a problem. If you want to run one with the 273 Commando/Charger intake you will need a thin, 3/8 spacer as the fast idle arm will hit the carb pad. I thought it would be a killer combination on a 273. That small carb stuff is for lesser carbs that don't have a secondary air valve.

I really like the 625.
I have ran them on 318, 340 and 360. They just flat out work.

I have one on the 351M in my 75 Ford F250. I love the thing. They are similar to a Thremoquad and AVS in that they can be tuned as is out of the box to run on a variety of engines. The secondary air door gives them an adjustment advantage other types of carburetors lack, so they are much more forgiving. So, normally I'd say "yeah a 625 is a little big", in this case, it's not.

I don’t believe in too big of a carb!:lol:

I have a 78 Lil Red. My great grandfather bought it brand new and took great care of it. My uncle bought it from him and did the opposite. Then took it to a “mechanic” who thought the perfectly fine t quad was a problem and must be removed, and an off the shelf edelbrock should go on. I bought it from my uncle and never thought it ran right, and rather then tune the carb, I put a 68 383 avs on it. Now it does run a little rich, and fuel economy shouldn’t be mentioned….but it does awesome burnouts!:rofl:

I don’t believe in too big of a carb!:lol:

I have a 78 Lil Red. My great grandfather bought it brand new and took great care of it. My uncle bought it from him and did the opposite. Then took it to a “mechanic” who thought the perfectly fine t quad was a problem and must be removed, and an off the shelf edelbrock should go on. I bought it from my uncle and never thought it ran right, and rather then tune the carb, I put a 68 383 avs on it. Now it does run a little rich, and fuel economy shouldn’t be mentioned….but it does awesome burnouts!:rofl:
The AVS is a good unit, but it's not a Thermoquad.

The AVS is a good unit, but it's not a Thermoquad.

I know, I need to get a Thermoquad back on it. Sorry if I hi jacked the thread OP.

736685A3-ABC7-4EFC-80C2-9C9120237B1D.jpeg

I have three of them on my two vehicles and friends with them as well and absolutely zero problems...

It is not too big. Pontiac used a QJ on a 230 cu in engine.

-
Back