Street Freaks, Customs, Rods, Street Machines...60's 70's 80's

-
I've lurked this site for a long time, but never seen this thread. I've been looking for inspiration for the 74 Duster I've owned since high school (I'm 48) and on a whim googled 70s street machines. Thank you for this post. I've spent hours looking at these pictures and I'm only back to about page 120. Lots of groovy stuff here.

v/r,
jason

158fd61f-c019-4044-bd1c-02433cc77b11-jpeg.jpg

...restored to original specs, last week sold at MECUM:

594101.jpg

Mr 66340sedan just made my day. Maybe week. No, year.
This photo is from the dragstrip in Tulsa at the NHOA national meet, circa summer of 77.
The cuda is nice and all, but look towards the upper left hand corner; thats MY car! Guarantee its my RoadRunner . How do I know? Well, first, I know. Plus, I was there, the car is the same colour, vinyl top, wheels etc as mine. But, see that 'white triangle' if you will in the back window? Thats not the seatback showing thru, thats a 'pyramid' of decals that you cant read; the top one is a Valvoline 'Participant AHRA Grand American Series' sticker, on top of a long and narrow 'bumper sticker' that says "happiness is a Low ET' stacked above a rather large one from Automobiles International in Tulsa that said "Repeal the 55 - Vote With Your Foot!"
Thank you so much for posting this. :)

Very cool! Glad you enjoyed them, I like to share them with others here as I come across them, I love these old pictures too!

-
Back