Street Freaks, Customs, Rods, Street Machines...60's 70's 80's

-
We need an emoji that's puking.
Like this?
360_F_508242736_zcckPv8OIIHJmDBxxI6MSNYdLFZBv9Jo.jpg

Day 2 rules!
When I picked up my '67 all those years ago, it had the Superior 'The 500' wheel, Hurst shifter, license plate, traction bars, and the rear and springs were white.
I also recall remnants of white on the spare tire section, thought is was probably overspray.

I found the 'Cuda sticker and placed it on the rear window where it belongs, added a scoop bought on FABO.
Upgraded the Torker II and scoop, now it has a tunnel ram and hood pins.
Although I removed the rusty Cragars, Cragar Sparklers are going back on the front with chrome reverse on the rear.
Also returning the rear to white and putting the bars back on, even though they don't do anything and not sure what color the bars were.
The dents and rust stays, as well as the peeling clearcoat.

I check these threads regularly hoping to find a pic of it from back in the day.

DSC03075.JPG

2b60_3.jpg

DSC05911.JPG

DSC05909.JPG

DSC03122.JPG

Those two old pics were taken in front of the Tulsa Expo Center. I grew up in that area and recognized it immediately. You can even see the leg of the Golden Driller in the top right corner of the 2nd pic.
OK...I know - REAL late to the party, but I was just directed to this photo and this thread from a link over on FBBO.
Anyway, yes, this is in Tulsa, the occasion was the 76 Street Machine Nationals. I've seen several images from that event in this thread, as well as some other 'Nats' pictures; thanx! Really enjoy em.

Mr 66340sedan just made my day. Maybe week. No, year.
This photo is from the dragstrip in Tulsa at the NHOA national meet, circa summer of 77.
The cuda is nice and all, but look towards the upper left hand corner; thats MY car! Guarantee its my RoadRunner . How do I know? Well, first, I know. Plus, I was there, the car is the same colour, vinyl top, wheels etc as mine. But, see that 'white triangle' if you will in the back window? Thats not the seatback showing thru, thats a 'pyramid' of decals that you cant read; the top one is a Valvoline 'Participant AHRA Grand American Series' sticker, on top of a long and narrow 'bumper sticker' that says "happiness is a Low ET' stacked above a rather large one from Automobiles International in Tulsa that said "Repeal the 55 - Vote With Your Foot!"
Thank you so much for posting this. :)

-
Back