Street Freaks, Customs, Rods, Street Machines...60's 70's 80's

-
70' 340/auto E body in 1972 that went 12's on the street.....A lot more rare at that time then most remember these days.

Attachments

• scan0004.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 1,668
The loved & the hated :D.......Actually best friends, together in 1975.

Attachments

• 223.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 1,501
  • 224.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 1,488
My first car was a 1970 Plymouth Roadrunner. It was copper when I bought it in '75 but I had it repainted black and had a custom painter flame it.

:angryfir: :angryfir: :angryfir:

The car is long gone now. For years I looked for a picture of it and couldn't find one.

:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

A friend of mine used to have video of it racing up at Thunder Valley in Marion, S.D. back in the 70s, but he loaned it to someone else years ago and never got it back.

:burnout: :eek:ops: :banghead:

Today I called the custom graphics place that had painted my flames 38 years ago and the owner told me that he had kept photos of all his work and I could go to Lincoln, Nebraska to get it! I'll post a pic when I can.

:thumbrig: :thumbrig: :thumbrig:

My first car was a 1970 Plymouth Roadrunner. It was copper when I bought it in '75 but I had it repainted black and had a custom painter flame it.

:angryfir: :angryfir: :angryfir:

The car is long gone now. For years I looked for a picture of it and couldn't find one.

:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

A friend of mine used to have video of it racing up at Thunder Valley in Marion, S.D. back in the 70s, but he loaned it to someone else years ago and never got it back.

:burnout: :eek:ops: :banghead:

Today I called the custom graphics place that had painted my flames 38 years ago and the owner told me that he had kept photos of all his work and I could go to Lincoln, Nebraska to get it! I'll post a pic when I can.

:thumbrig: :thumbrig: :thumbrig:

As promised here are a couple pictures of my '70 Roadrunner from the mid-seventies.

View attachment img004b.jpg

View attachment img003b.jpg

I was hoping you could get the pics. I love old school paint! Thanks for sharing.
Dallas

Thanks MOBodyman. It had been so long since I've had the car that I'd totally forgotten I'd ever had orange fake fur on the rear package shelf. LOL! It would have been awesome if I could have gotten the car back, but I was thrilled to get the pictures anyway.

Thanks MOBodyman. It had been so long since I've had the car that I'd totally forgotten I'd ever had orange fake fur on the rear package shelf. LOL! It would have been awesome if I could have gotten the car back, but I was thrilled to get the pictures anyway.

I had forgotten the fake fur fad. Hey, you had to have it to make the scene, lol.
Dallas

jpg.gif 1973 Dodge Charger.jpg

Attachments

• 1973 Dodge Charger.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 1,322
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NKeJJYwBWk&list=PLFBAE8BF442021B45&feature=share"]American Musclecars back in the day! - YouTube[/ame]

1970 GTX with fresh driveway paint job by me and my brother.

Attachments

• attachment01SXM8YR.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 1,062
V8 Vega

Attachments

• IMG_0198.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 1,070
  • IMG_0199.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 1,059
-
Back