Street outlaw clowns are in trouble!

-
much like most of the comments say, I think the NHRA is just mad because they aren't getting any of that money. Anyone who watches the show can see all the lights and empty streets and know its ALL staged. there is no way your going to have all those trucks and trailers on the road, let alone make that many passes without the cops showing up. That being said I get a kick out of the show and watch it with my daughter.

much like most of the comments say, I think the NHRA is just mad because they aren't getting any of that money. Anyone who watches the show can see all the lights and empty streets and know its ALL staged. there is no way your going to have all those trucks and trailers on the road, let alone make that many passes without the cops showing up. That being said I get a kick out of the show and watch it with my daughter.

same here :glasses7:

Attachments

• 10455764_891464790875807_8570856456447513206_n.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 577
I didn't know the Nhra was really in need of the money. Again it's not about the actual show, it's about the message it sends to the kids watching. It's a very smart legal move by the Nhra and I don't see anything wrong with it.

With that being said I understand that street racing is going to happen and I myself used to do it a lot until something happened that made me rethink what I was doing. Now I take my junk to the track and the only street racing I do is from a red light up to the speed limit. The Nhra could care less about the clowns on that show.

if the nhra was getting a cut from the show there would be nothing said . it all about the cash .

The main problem here is that NHRA isn't getting a piece of the pie.

The TV show has more viewers than a NHRA televised event.
That's what they don't like.

Watching the show Americana, it showed the Don Prudome doing an illegal street race.
So, does NHRA ban him as well.

My Son & I just got back from Louisiana last week.
Had the Demon on a open trailer.
At the three stops we made in that state, we were always asked about the 405 Street Outlaws when they saw we were from Oklahoma.

That just tells you how popular that show is.
No one asked about our race car or where we were racing.
You know NHRA hates that.

They would rather race on the street anyway and get paid to do it. I don't think they really give a rats ***

there is no way your going to have all those trucks and trailers on the road, let alone make that many passes without the cops showing up.

Oh no? I don't know jack about any oxide town by I know my area and he'll ha there are spots where we will race like that and then some. There were nights were the wife and I would watch the drags for hours. We would stay out till about 3am where we would through in the towel and the races would still go down. I crap you not when I say there would be a hundred cars lined and awaiting the arm drop.

The amount of cash I seen change hands on bets outs the show into toddler land when it comes to the amount of money being put down.

To me, when I read your comment, you ether never been out clandestine street racing racing or the cops in your town out number you 50-1 with everybody in town against you.

I've also been around when the cops finally do catch everybody. They seal off the area and bring in the tractor trailers to load up cars. I've seen 20-30 plus cars get loaded up and taken away.

I would say the NHRA is between a rock and a hard spot. The show is fake, everyone knows it. But, the minute some kid hurts himself and the NHRA is tied to it, they will be in the spot light. The show has to give the elusion of being illegal and there lies the problem. Hell I like the show and wish I was on it, but the flip side to that is its totally unreal.

i would say the nhra is between a rock and a hard spot. The show is fake, everyone knows it. But, the minute some kid hurts himself and the nhra is tied to it, they will be in the spot light. The show has to give the elusion of being illegal and there lies the problem. Hell i like the show and wish i was on it, but the flip side to that is its totally unreal.

x2

Oh no? I don't know jack about any oxide town by I know my area and he'll ha there are spots where we will race like that and then some. There were nights were the wife and I would watch the drags for hours. We would stay out till about 3am where we would through in the towel and the races would still go down. I crap you not when I say there would be a hundred cars lined and awaiting the arm drop.

The amount of cash I seen change hands on bets outs the show into toddler land when it comes to the amount of money being put down.

To me, when I read your comment, you ether never been out clandestine street racing racing or the cops in your town out number you 50-1 with everybody in town against you.

I've also been around when the cops finally do catch everybody. They seal off the area and bring in the tractor trailers to load up cars. I've seen 20-30 plus cars get loaded up and taken away.
Yea, I've trailered cars to street races before back in the mid/late 80's, but Street racing was pretty much coming to an end by then. Dodge st, and abbot drive in Omaha had some wild nights.

I have to agree with everyone. The NHRA is just covering their asses and couldn't care less about who is and who isn't street racing. It seems to just be a move to grab some publicity and put some space between themselves and the show. Anyone who has ever done any serious street racing can see how staged the show is. As serious street racer since '69 to the present, I just don't see very many nights when you can go out with 10-20 cars and trailer , with 100s spectators, and race all night long undetected, week after week. But as Rumblefish 360 stated there has been on a few occasions what could be confused as a NHRA national event but those usually ended with a trip to jail and the impound lot (me included). With all the TV lights and time it takes to setup for the different cameras most races would be done before the 405 got started. Remember this is supposed to be clandestine street racing not an ESPN televised event. Most street races , even with multiple cars , take less than 10 minutes and then are gone.

We have a big lake by my house with a huge flood plain. We used to drive down there to race but it was always the two cars racing and maybe two cars for the friends. We would get everything planned out at wal mart then go to the lake. Did the race and left without anyone getting out of the car. Then we would go out seperate ways.

These days the only street racing I do is racing up to around the speed limit against someone. We have a few streets here with a 60 mile a hour limit. Those are pretty fun and I'll spectate the big fast races but I'm not putting my car are the line anymore.

Back in the day, ( the 80's) in the town I grew up in, there was a highway bypass being built. People would run out there on the finished section when light -to - light wasn't good enough. there wasn't any traffic out there and you could get on and run for a quarter mile or so and get off. Street racing was coming to an end because the laws had gotten tough. I think now the authorities can seize the vehicle and you wont be getting it back. I cant think of any intelligent man or woman who would be willing to let their car go like that. In my area, real racers take it to the local drag strip. It has been this way for about 30 years now. You still get idiots in Nissans challenging you on the Highway, especially if you are in vintage American V-8 muscle or a Mustang GT, but those people are from another planet anyway. A lot of bad things happen street racing. like pedestrians getting ran over, head on collisions etc. Its just not cool, I imagine it was years ago but like anything else, it got ruined by a few foolish people.

The only thing that is real is the racing.
The drama & cash is all Network.

They came to Tulsa, got a permit to shut down a roadway to shoot an episode.
I'm sure that is what is done at every venue.

From what I'm told, the money isn't a lot.
But the sponsor benefits are good.

Like any reality show, take it with a grain of salt & remember that it's entertainment.

I can see next season in small print "CLOSED COURSE".

NHRA really just did more for the show than they know.

I know it is all staged and we all watch it . I don't like the example the show teaches the young new drivers. I also think many young drivers might not know it is staged and they think they can race like the show on the streets we all drive on.

Imagine what drag strips will look like in the future if these kids think drag racing is all drama. It's turning into wwe. A show about a fake sport with fake drama!

nhra being clowns. nhra has ZERO liability related to the show.

You guys that race, especially going 9.99 or faster, will appreciate this

Although the letter was perfectly legible and obviously could perform the task at hand, I can not accept it as it isn't on approved letterhead. You have not provided sufficient funds to cover the space required to place the letter on my desk or proven that you are qualified to write such a letter. If you so chose, you may send me X amount to join my assoc. and begin the process of contacting me from the approved methods and materials at a minimal cost.

When is the nhra DUI pres getting kicked to the curb or Robert Hight having his lic pulled for beating his wife? Yeah I thought so.

Maybe the pedophile Gene Snow being in the Div 4 HOF. LMAO. Yep, SO is the problem!

nhra should change the name to "Sprite" series because "Image is everything"

Do you permanently lose your car then? What do you have to do to get it back?
Be found not guilty by a judge! Usually you lose your car and that ends up being sold at a police auction. If you're really lucky you get a fine and have to pay the impound fees. Seen to many cars go to Sheriff's auction back in the day though.
I found out that back in the day where doogievlg and I live, car's would get "lost" in impound lots. That doesn't happen anymore with computers and a county lot, but where I work, we were one of the lots the county used to impound at.
One of the old timers told me once they brought a hot road runner in, it sat there for most of a year before he decided it needed a new home. He said it was another year before anyone from the Sheriffs dept came looking for it. By that time, it was long gone. Said everyone played dumb. Said it happened all the time. Probably why the county has their own lot now.

The NHRA has bigger things to worry about.... like filling the top fuel and funny car fields without John Force and Don Schumacher comprising half the field.Just a big image campaign thought up by the bean counters at NHRA.

Do you permanently lose your car then? What do you have to do to get it back?

The last time I heard it worked wasike this;

Caught dead to rights drag racing?
Ticket for illegal speed contest
Car impounded

If found innocent, pay for impound Nd be on your way
If found guilty;

1 year revocation of your driver Lic.
You now start from zero andmust retake the learners permit, 6 hour driving course, road test.
You will be placed in the assigned risk catogory as if your the min. Driving age.
The fines to the court, public and DMV are rather hefty.
(My fine in '96 was $1000 to the courts, $750 to the people & $750 to DMV and I was NOT CAUGHT dead to rights but assumed racing. I was actually stopped on the shoulder. Kept my car.)
Your car is surrendered and put up for auction. You may bid on the car to get it back. So can your Mom, your Competion or the neighbor that hates you.

I forget when, but the magazine Fast Ford and Muscle Mustangs caught wind of the racing going on and came down for a photo shoot. What they got was the police cornering in everybody and putting cars on the county trailer. It was a long time ago.

The police also came equipped with a video camera and recorded every car crossing the finish line. At another time when they came around, even if your car was cold as ice, they had a list of plate numbers to cross ref against who was there. Drivers were arrested. Are were impounded.

Be found not guilty by a judge! Usually you lose your car and that ends up being sold at a police auction. If you're really lucky you get a fine and have to pay the impound fees. Seen to many cars go to Sheriff's auction back in the day though.
I found out that back in the day where doogievlg and I live, car's would get "lost" in impound lots. That doesn't happen anymore with computers and a county lot, but where I work, we were one of the lots the county used to impound at.
One of the old timers told me once they brought a hot road runner in, it sat there for most of a year before he decided it needed a new home. He said it was another year before anyone from the Sheriffs dept came looking for it. By that time, it was long gone. Said everyone played dumb. Said it happened all the time. Probably why the county has their own lot now.

Clermont county used to be fun from what I have heard! The way the police are here though my dart only races at the track.

Taking your car street racing is sort of like making your wife stand on the corner. I would rather keep my car and not have my women be taken to jail!

-
Back