Street/Strip Dizzy Curve

-
hey bill... this motor with 30* dosn't kick back when warm or cold... hell not even at 48 lol... i was trying to get the tab centered @ 30*

Wow; sounds like my setup, at 18 degrees, should work, no problem...

We'll see. I'll give it a try.

Thanks for the info!:D

see those timing numbers are what i remember hearing...

lol SS. i just did the super light curve over locked out as kind of a start retard in effect. interestingly though it has never kicked back on the starter...

That's probably cause 160 PSI ain't enough to make it happen.....of course it depends on WHEN too....but the cylinder pressure thing is most of it.

I run my locked dist at 28.I have a dial back in the car and I just turn the knob back about 10 for starting and shut down.Guzzi Mark

In my '65:
170 cid, stock, with lots o miles, and a bad rocker(tick), stock 3.23 gears, stock 904 cable shift trans.
Initial 20°, centrifical 22° (welded up/filed slots), starts coming in at 1500, all in by 2500 (one light Mr.Gasket spring, one factory lighter spring), plus whatever's in the vacuum can. It idles clean at 650, runs high test, has no balls but it's not the timing's fault...lol. It does get some serious mileage tho. I haven't been perfect at calculating but if it's not getting 22-25 with my heavy foot Im surprised.

That's probably cause 160 PSI ain't enough to make it happen.....of course it depends on WHEN too....but the cylinder pressure thing is most of it.

the 160 would have been from the lower comp setup... i havn't checked it since i did the bump to 10:1

I run my locked dist at 28.I have a dial back in the car and I just turn the knob back about 10 for starting and shut down.Guzzi Mark

those are cool

Even when I forget to turn it back,the car starts without kick back but you can hear it doesnt really like it.Less so when car is warmed up,,,,Bill,with your combo I dont think it will bee a issue at all.Guzzi Mark

-
Back