Stroke old 340 or new crate engine

-
Looks just like a nodular crank, or mopar ,scat, ohiocrankshaft/aka whoever twisted or stamped'em.

But it looks like a nodular iron crank, though my eyes are needing melted sand caps anymore...

*I Think* The MP forged cranks are from Eagle IIRC. Cast cranks as well.

The MP 4 inch stroker crank I have has the part number stamped in the front counter weight....

Scat was providing MP with both cast and forged cranks for awhile, as MP had exclusive rights for them for awhile.

The MP 4 inch stroker crank I have has the part number stamped in the front counter weight....

Scat was providing MP with both cast and forged cranks for awhile, as MP had exclusive rights for them for awhile.
That's what I thought. It has a number on the front counter weight, though it was also engraved over with Ohio's numbers/job #

I run a 340 with a sleeve. It's mostly important wether or not the sleeving is done right. I'd sleeve it and run it, turn it 7000 rpms and not think twice about it.
Totally agree. If the work is done properly, it will be FINE, and you'll probably have less money in it than finding a bare 340 block. The BIG thing is finding a competent machine shop.

Sorry, wrong picture, I've got 2 sets of those for sale also

IMG_1928.JPG

I built a 408 Magnum motor with iron heads, hydraulic roller cam . very wide 500 hp power band. Ask Brain, OU812, he can Build it for you, or line you up with the parts. He knows what works.

-
Back