stroker kit

-

71scamp78

Reaction score
What is the best and cheapest place to buy a 408 stroker kit for a 360 magnum. I'm thinking a scat cast crank kit will do. It's going to be a street strip car. Is it worth doing the stroker I know it makes awesome torque but a well built 360 does pretty good alone

Everyone has a favorite vendor. The cheapest I found when I built mine was Summit Racing and then I used a 10% off discount code that they occasionally run. Free shipping, no tax.

It depends on what you are looking to do with your vehicle? A well built 360 can be a lot of fun in a weekend cruiser. Want to smoke the tires at will and run sub-11 second quarter mile times, build a stroker. One word of warning, make sure the rest of your vehicle is ready for all that torque. Steering, brakes, trans and rear end should all be in GREAT shape.

Good luck!

Much more important on a Mopar than stroke are cylinder heads. If you are not going to step up and get some good heads then dont bother. I would spend my $$$ on EQ heads w/upgraded springs and a larger roller cam. 5.9L Magnum with EQ heads will easily make 400 +HP. There is a link to an article on our site about 1998 5.9 w/160K pulled form wrecking yard, swapped out EQ heads, MP 380HP cam and air gap/holley that made over 400 hp w stock 160K miles short block.

As BrianT stated, getting the rest of the package is super important, a local guy in Oregon has won lots of National Class Champs running 5.2 Magnum short block with EQ heads and Racer Brown cam against 440's and 426's consistently. Heads are a big part but so is weight, traction, gearing etc.
BTW, Jim's 67 Barracuda hangs huge wheelies with 5.2L

Much more important on a Mopar than stroke are cylinder heads. If you are not going to step up and get some good heads then dont bother. I would spend my $$$ on EQ heads w/upgraded springs and a larger roller cam. 5.9L Magnum with EQ heads will easily make 400 +HP. There is a link to an article on our site about 1998 5.9 w/160K pulled form wrecking yard, swapped out EQ heads, MP 380HP cam and air gap/holley that made over 400 hp w stock 160K miles short block.

As BrianT stated, getting the rest of the package is super important, a local guy in Oregon has won lots of National Class Champs running 5.2 Magnum short block with EQ heads and Racer Brown cam against 440's and 426's consistently. Heads are a big part but so is weight, traction, gearing etc.

Got a link???

Yeah I'm gonna do a stroker or get a magnum 360 and a good set of iron eq heads with proper cam and have some fun. Where is best place to get some equipment heads ready to bolt on

What is the best and cheapest place to buy a 408 stroker kit for a 360 magnum. I'm thinking a scat cast crank kit will do. It's going to be a street strip car. Is it worth doing the stroker I know it makes awesome torque but a well built 360 does pretty good alone

A stroker is inexpensive and cost effective way to make HP and TQ if you are already rebuilding a motor. The torque is great for a seat of the pants "feel" on the street. And since the HP/TQ is made at a lower rpm, you can get away with inexpensive rocker/valvetrain gear like stock 273 or stamped steel stuff if under 5,800 rpm max (typ 410-425hp stroker).

-
Back