Stroker Kits

-
Flatlander, Race-mart was a little cheaper but after contacting them I didn't really get a good feel from them. Didn't like their "terms" on their website that you gotta agree to when you register for an account so you can order from them.

I agree. I was looking at their registration. Why do they need my employer and their address? I looked them up on the BBB website and they had 17 unresolved complaints against them. I'm out!

After talking to the guy that is going to do the machining of my block, I am going to go with the Scat 1-48035 and let him do the balancing. The cheapest I have found this kit (other than Race-mart) is Summit. They were $70 cheaper than Flatlander. If they would hurry up and run their summer discount like they usually do, I have about a $4000 order ready!!

I have also been looking at Bessel Motorsports in St. Charles, Mo. They want $122 less than Summit and I wouldn't have to pay shipping, but would have to pay tax since they are in my state. With sales tax it bumps it up to almost exactly Summit's price.

www.strokerkits.com

I got my Scat kit through the local machine shop and they matched Summit's price. But I had to pay local tax so overall it was more than if I would have ordered it through Summit.

Flatlander, Race-mart was a little cheaper but after contacting them I didn't really get a good feel from them. Didn't like their "terms" on their website that you gotta agree to when you register for an account so you can order from them.

Hey, HD, you didn't specify what your intended purpose was for building a stroker, but if you're seriously thinking about investing in one, I'd recommend the max stroke/dollar. Ohio Crankshaft sells a complete kit that will take your 360 out to 425 cu.in.. It runs about $2K for the entire rotating assy and comes with:

Custom JE pistons - any compression you desire and,
  • Ohio Crankshaft 4340 4.1" crank
  • 6.2" H-beam rods
  • Race rings and bearings
  • Internally balanced
  • Available in 4.030-4.060-4.070 bore
  • 340 or 360 main
OhioCrank is about the only company offering the 4.1 stroke crank and you can get over 430 cubes from a 340 block. Here's the link and, happy hunting.

http://www.ohiocrank.com/mopar_rotate.html

Southernman

Hey, HD, you didn't specify what your intended purpose was for building a stroker, but if you're seriously thinking about investing in one, I'd recommend the max stroke/dollar. Ohio Crankshaft sells a complete kit that will take your 360 out to 425 cu.in.. It runs about $2K for the entire rotating assy and comes with:

Custom JE pistons - any compression you desire and,
  • Ohio Crankshaft 4340 4.1" crank
  • 6.2" H-beam rods
  • Race rings and bearings
  • Internally balanced
  • Available in 4.030-4.060-4.070 bore
  • 340 or 360 main
OhioCrank is about the only company offering the 4.1 stroke crank and you can get over 430 cubes from a 340 block. Here's the link and, happy hunting.

http://www.ohiocrank.com/mopar_rotate.html

Southernman

Thanks for the link, I just sent them a message with a few questions. And as far as my intended purpose......to have as much fun as I can :D I really want a forged set up with H-beam rods in case I get one of those crazy moments and decide to run a couple turbos. I'd like to have a solid crank and rod base and just have to buy pistons instead of a whole new rotating assembly.

Race mart with the cast and I rods looks to be best at 884. and I bet Jegs will have no problem matching that price, if you have other parts you need if summit wont.

Okay, its going to be a kit from BPE. After seeing DVJCuda's kit, decided that's who I'm going with. Not the cheapest, but definately some quality stuff and Rods seems to be a good guy.

Okay, its going to be a kit from BPE. After seeing DVJCuda's kit, decided that's who I'm going with. Not the cheapest, but definately some quality stuff and Rods seems to be a good guy.
:cheers: now your on the right track

Just go into Hawaii this morning to sort out my car shipping problem, but sent the payment for the kit before I left Vegas. When I get back I'm gonna send a block into the machine shop to get the block decks squared and resurfaced, the get the finished deck height. Once I get that info to Rod he'll have the pistons made and ship everything to me. I don't have a X block with 4 bolt mains, so this first try will be pretty mellow.

BPE has the right idea using those chevy rods. With that kit you can have more stroke with less clearance problems. About time someone got a clue and put a kit together like that.

-
Back