stroker vs. non-stroker (here we go again!?)

-

j par

Well-hung Member
Reaction score
This was a real barn burner last time! Let's see where it goes this time? New rules though.
No choke holds,
No eye gouging,
Absolutely NO internet threatening!

Athough, ribbing and poking fun is encouraged!

BUT FACTS ARE KING !! ie. - photos of time slips etc.

No power adders
small block mopar ONLY
(New rule! Lol) Timeslips of what you have in your garage today. not what your friend has and not what you used to have. what is in your garage today and a picture of the time slip.
and let me get the fun started-my duster does a faster quarter mile than anything 318willrun has! :poke: not a bullet from your gun! Lol

Depends on what the engines for? Straight racing: stroked, more low end/mid torque and higher compression. Only draw back is can't rev as high and can't put in as large of valves. Street: over square: tends to breathe better due to being able to use larger valves and less wear from longer stroke

For the same price. I would do stroked. Because I did :D

Only limiting factor would be you need more head (generally) for a stroker. I would love to do a 366 with big heads 11:1 solid roller cam ect. That would be fun.

One word - torque.

I had a 383 stroker in my corvette. .....pulled like a mule!
I'm going stroker for sure!

Only limiting factor would be you need more head (generally) for a stroker. I would love to do a 366 with big heads 11:1 solid roller cam ect. That would be fun.

Working on it, working on it!
Still might be a while before I get it in a car to have fun, but I'm working on it!
.030-360 zero deck KB-107's, port Edel. Heads, lunati solid roller to .600, etc.....
4 sod & 4.10's. E-Cuda.

One word - torque.

I had a 383 stroker in my corvette. .....pulled like a mule!
I'm going stroker for sure!

It's a Chevy, it doesn't count, RULE BREAKER!!!!!
LMAO!!!!

This was a real barn burner last time! Let's see where it goes this time? New rules though.
No choke holds,
No eye gouging,
Absolutely NO internet threatening!

BUT FACTS ARE KING !! ie. - photos of time slips etc.

No power adders
small block mopar ONLY

and let me get the fun started-my duster does a faster quarter mile than anything 318willrun has! :poke:
Oh, my!! Round 2 :D Are you sure your duster is faster than anything I have???? Hmmmmmm..... :?:

read the current post by prefacer on the 340 DS/A record holders.
blueprinted stock 340's running 10's

With a 300 shot ? Holy
I witnessed a Demon go 10's with a 340, TQ, cast intake, cast heads, in a 3200 lbs steel car. No need to shoot it with anything!!!! :)

details on this small 340

bored out .04
4" Molnar forged stroker crank
Icon forged dish pistons
mopar w2 heads (mild port job)
1.6 harland sharp roller rockers
hydraulic roller lunati camshaft
570/586
231/239 @.05
modified 6 pack intake for the w2 ports
total of 418 cu

8 3/4 with 3.55
295-50-15 tires.
A833 with hurst ram rod
stock weight in 67 dart.
No idea what it runs yet as it is in process of putting in car.

Depends on what the engines for? Straight racing: stroked, more low end/mid torque and higher compression. Only draw back is can't rev as high and can't put in as large of valves. Street: over square: tends to breathe better due to being able to use larger valves and less wear from longer stroke

valve size depends on the bore size not the stroke ...a 4.030 bore can run the same size valve whether it has a 3.58 stroke or 4 inch stroke.

small block mopar ONLY

Oh....it counts! Lol.......!

Re breaker! LOL! ;)

details on this small 340

bored out .04
4" Molnar forged stroker crank
Icon forged dish pistons
mopar w2 heads (mild port job)
1.6 harland sharp roller rockers
hydraulic roller lunati camshaft
570/586
231/239 @.05
modified 6 pack intake for the w2 ports
total of 418 cu

8 3/4 with 3.55
295-50-15 tires.
A833 with hurst ram rod
stock weight in 67 dart.
No idea what it runs yet as it is in process of putting in car.

Sounds very very similar to my next idea for my Magnum in my Magnum. Do! Keep us informed!

...Only draw back is can't rev as high...

Patently false...high RPM capability is based on stability of parts used (much of it being in the valvetrain)...not stroke length. If that were true (and since we're stuck on SBs) MRL's 408s wouldn't be able to turn the RPMs they do...

As to the rest of your comment, breathing isn't solely dependent on the valve size...no doubt a large contributing factor, but a big valve can be screwed over by poorly executed port and bowl work.

Indeed...very little to nothing "stock" about them.
Not always the case. I know a guy that runs at our local strip that competed and held the title in his class 4 yrs straight with a 318 truck. No money in his TQ, cast intake, or heads. He did go .040 over as the rules stated, and his cam was ground to his own made up liking, had to have stock lift. He ran this class in the 90's, held the record in 93, 94, 95, 96. He shifted at 7200 rpm's, and went 4 yrs on a stock cast crank. He did more than class race, he bracket raced it every weekend also. It now has a 360 in it

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/attachment.php?attachmentid=219428&stc=1&d=1299756078
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/attachment.php?attachmentid=219429&stc=1&d=1299756078
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/attachment.php?attachmentid=219431&stc=1&d=1299756078

I forget the E.T. when the 318 was in it, but the 360 is mid 12's at over 4k lbs in the maroon truck, and low 11's at 115 mph with a 360 in the shortbed truck (360) at over 3600 lbs. He has two hoods for the shortbed, one on it is not legal for stocker. Pushing a lot of wind, lots of steel, TQ & cast intake getting it done.... :D
Go Big Jim!!

-
Back