Not open for further replies.

Randall Folkmann

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I am looking for the Enginge to Transmission Struts/Braces that were used on Small Blocks with Automatic Transmissions. I know there were different variations of these struts depending on the engine/transmission combination and the model year but I am no authority. I can only specify that I have a 1968 Dart GTS with a 340 and 727 transmission that is original to the car.

According to the 1968 Chrysler Parts Catalog the Right Strut is P/N 2204 702 and the Left Strut is P/N 2466 009. I know many of you think these struts are totally unecessry but my GTS is very orignal and I would like to have them back on there for that reason alone.

If you can help me locate the correct pieces in decent shape it would be appreciated. The correct corresponding fasteners would be a great bonus!

Thanks for your time and consideration!

Use the struts. If the support wasn't needed, I find it hard to believe that the Chrysler bean counters would have absorbed the cost for that many years. I'll look for a pair when in the parts building looking for other requests tomorrow...

According to the Chrysler part catalogs the struts from 67 thru 75 small block engine should fit.
The right side #2204702 was used from 67 thru 75.
The left side #2466009 superseded to #2464552 in the early 70's.

Use the struts. If the support wasn't needed, I find it hard to believe that the Chrysler bean counters would have absorbed the cost for that many years. I'll look for a pair when in the parts building looking for other requests tomorrow...

Thanks for your input. Personally I agree but not everyone sees it that way. I am not looking to convince anyone one way or the other, just trying to find the correct struts for my car.

i have a set but dont think they gonna have the part # u looking for.
Thanks for responding. As I understand it, none of these struts actually had the part number stamped in them. However, I do know there were variations of these struts depending upon the year and/or application; at least on the right side.

According to the Chrysler part catalogs the struts from 67 thru 75 small block engine should fit.
The right side #2204702 was used from 67 thru 75.
The left side #2466009 superseded to #2464552 in the early 70's.
Thanks for the reply. I agree with you and since my car is a 1968 P/N 2466 009 should be correct for the left side strut. However, when the P/N was "superceded" to 2464 552 I am not sure if the strut design changed. I know there was more than one configuration of the left strut that were slightly different in length with possibly other differences as well.

I have those
318 273 to a 904
If they work
Thanks for responding. I think they would work. Again, I am no authority on these struts but it is my understanding they were common to the 727 and 904 transmission and 273, 318 and 340 if they were the same model year. If you know the ones you have were from a 273 by default they should be 1969 or earlier in which case I think they should be the ones I am looking for.

Bottom line, yes I am interested if they are in good condition. Please contact me with details. Thanks again.

As long as they dont interfere with anything I always run them. If you dont find any let me know. I have at least a half dozen pairs in the bin. All of mine are from 318 or 340. I dont see any reason they would not work on every small block since the bell housings are the same. However, not sure if the bolt location on the block was the same.

I believe 904 and 727 are different lengths. 360 has a longer drivers side strut. Kim
Kim, thanks for the feedback; you could very well be right as I know there are different length struts on at least the left side. For what it's worth (proabaly not much) my 1968 parts book does not differentiate between the 273/318/340 or the 904/727. I will probably not be able to confirm fit until I get my hands on a set and try them. Best Regards, Randall

i have 1 that has a heat shiel attached to it . yes it's factory made
i have 1 that has a heat shiel attached to it . yes it's factory made
That is interesting, I was not aware of that variation. Do you know what vehicle had the strut with a heat shield and was it on the rh or lh strut?

i just got to looking around at my inventory . i just assume its the left side for starter shield i do have right side also. i looked for part #'s and havent found any on any of the 3 sets i have. i have classic industries catalog will look and see if they list any strut braces.

904-727 are the same, the right sides are all the same, the left side was an inch longer when Chrysler started using a longer started around 75-76. Chrysler moved the bolt boss on the block forward the 1 inch for the longer bracket. So all of the left sides up to 74 will work.

904-727 are the same, the right sides are all the same, the left side was an inch longer when Chrysler started using a longer started around 75-76. Chrysler moved the bolt boss on the block forward the 1 inch for the longer bracket. So all of the left sides up to 74 will work.
That makes sense since the left side P/N changed in 74. Thanks for the information!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back