Stuck distributor

-
Oh man, post 14 for a vote? "Take a sledge to the side..." Gettin 'er done! Thats one for the books. I had a water pump nipple that would not come out. ended up crushing it with some vice grips, then hammering in the sides with a punch to get it off the threads and parts were still stuck!

Oh man, post 14 for a vote? "Take a sledge to the side..." Gettin 'er done! Thats one for the books. I had a water pump nipple that would not come out. ended up crushing it with some vice grips, then hammering in the sides with a punch to get it off the threads and parts were still stuck!
There's a tool for that.

What I'm battling ..are frozen brass plugs in a performer intake... mtfrs ,I decoded to drill and try to pick and punch the rest... not the best move. I need a tap now.

I had one stuck like that . I beat it with a large leather headed hammer from side to side . Once it cam out I threw it across the shop as hard as I could.
Damn right. Felt good too didn't it?

I am amazed with the number of people that apparently use the theory that "If it doesn't come out, beat on it with a hammer. If it breaks it needed replacement anyway.":)

-
Back