stuck, "LIKE A ROCK"

-
Here is a little motivation for ya...

Attachments

• 0102_SUCP_01_z_48Truck.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 222
  • 0708ct_02_z+1948_chevy_truck_high_road+.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 233
take some of the fence down (just enough to get truck into front of the one you want), haul the truck out. then put there fence back up. if it was me and the truck was worth it I would even pay to replace the 6 foot section you would need to take out!

A bloke I know at work has one.....he made a dual cab for it and it has a 454 big block in it.....he hasn't quite finished it yet.

ya we dont really want the truck the owners are going to put it up for sale when its out but its not for me if they ever get it out

Update thinking about getting the truck for a rat rod project can you say perminant convertible with a Mopar power plant under the hood?

I'd love to have an old 3100 pick up. It's a true classic, and parts (both after market stock and custom) are readily available for it. That's way too cool!

I don't know that I would put anything back into it but a small block Chevy, or better yet, and inline 6. If I were to go Mopar with the engine, it would have to be a early Hemi (331 or 354). Sweet!

What you need is a Small rig to get in there to hook on it, a lifted Shortbed Dodge D50 / Toyota pickup (or 4-runner) / Mazda B-series should be able to make it back in there. Just make sure you load the bed to the max with wet sand for weight/traction.

I squeezed my old Longbed D50 into some cramped places to extract more than a few vehicles. I had a 10k winch on the front, Snow Plow and a Class 4 Receiver Hitch on the truck. Worst vehicle I ever pulled out?

A 1975 Dodge D300 Dumptruck that had locked up rear brakes and was sunk down into the ground. I chained the back of my truck off to a huge tree (straight on pull) and hooked the winch to the front of the D300. It was all good until the D300 got hung up on something... Sheared off the Grade 8 Bolts that were holding my Receiver Hitch on. It ripped the hitch completely off the truck and mangled the rear bumper.

Maybe its time to have the " Honey I really think we need to replace that old rotten fence out back of the garage" talk.

The truck is mine just have to go pick it up/dig it out I'm going to do a 318 small block 8 3/4 rear end and the rest is all Going to come out of lmc truck and the junkyard

How big is the tree in front of it?? If it is sizeable, put a Snatch Block on the tree and get some one with a winch to pull it out...

that sunvisor is worth some $$$.
nice find, i had a '49 with a 283/powerglide back in the day... fun truck!

I'm thinking some wood and a floor jack will help out plus a truck we can get it

So what is directly behind the truck / on the other side of the fence in the left side of your drawing?

Have recovered worse, but it takes planning. Go post this over at HAMB, and the old farts can tell you all about going to great lengths to recover old iron.

B.

Why not restore it? Still fun to drive, show worthy, and worth far more with the original components than a 318. Just asking.

Ya no, I'm deff going to rat rod it if people can put 350's in our mopars I'm putting a Mopar in a Chevy!

-
Back