Stumped High School rebuild - please help

-

TheWolfman

Reaction score
hello to everybody at fabo, i am just out of high school and attempting to finish my first rebuild (a 1969 dodge dart) this car has been my obsession for the past year and as of right now the only thing ,to my knowledge, holding me back from firing it up is the wiring.
i bought the car without an engine (but do know it was originally a slant six) and swapped in a a mildly souped up 318 but do not know or understand the first thing about the electronics system in the car.
it seems that most of the wiring in the engine bay is there although i have no idea where it belongs.

if anybody has pictures, diagrams, or helpful advice please share them as i have no idea what im doing at this point

thanks, the wolfman

If you have a engine harness to throw at the engine you will find most of it fits only one way. The connector for the oil sender, temp sender, alternator field, all different types.
That tip and a factroy wiring diagram should get you there.

I am sure someone will chime in with the right answer....but until then I recommend you get a factory Chrysler service manual for your car. Not Haynes. Not Chiltons. Chrysler. I think they are available online floatin around here somewhere if you do a search. That will have the wiring diagram for the whole car in it. Everything else,too.

Hey wolfie, the advice above is a great set. For tips, look at some pictures here on the site at the engine bays. They could provide a clue to where things go and what they have connected to them. Do note, not all the cars had the ignition box in the same spot even though it appears to be the same year, same engine etc..... and other things like that.

But that Chrysler factory service manual is the best bet.

I have a complete book with the wiring for the whole car (69 Dart) in it. I'm out of town right now, but if it will help I can send you a copy or try to get it scanned so everyone can use it. I will check back next week when I get home to see if you still need it.

-
Back