Stupid question

-

JR

Pissed off senior member.
Reaction score
904, with the tranny in park is the lever on the transmission all the way forward or all the way back?

I think it would depend on the tranny, reverse manual, forward, some exotic valvebody that has park in the middle.....just kidding I believe it's all the way back since I run a cable mounted shifter and park is up front so the cable is pushing verses pulling. I think. lol.

oops I was wrong it all the way forward my daughter ran it through the gears and I was under the car checking.....she almost got my finger. Ain't she a hotty? sorry guys. she's married for now. Husband is in Iraq and she is home visiting from Germany.

P4210053 (Medium).JPG

WOW :love7:
Thanks for the help. Im doing a custom job on the console mounted shifter in Nikkis 72. Im useing a indash shifter out of an A-100 with a cable.

Forward for sure 360scamp.8)

Why is it our children make us look like old folks.:cheers:

She is a beautiful young lady 360.

happy and creative looking too.:-D

You should be a very proud family man,
I hope we get your son-in-law back very soon and thank him for me too.

WOW :love7:
Thanks for the help. Im doing a custom job on the console mounted shifter in Nikkis 72. Im useing a indash shifter out of an A-100 with a cable.

im gonna use one of those in my 53 truck to put it on the dash

How much do you like your son in law? she,s married for now,like she,ll be single soon lol

Yes, I am very proud of her. She has been raising two boys without dad for the last 18 months in Germany. That's where they where when her Husband got deployed. As far as the marriage, I'm not sure. I only get one side and it's hard to not be partial to my daughter. They are young and in a tough spot right now. I just don't know what to tell my daughter. She says her husband doesn't treat her very well. No abuse or such. I know my daughter and she is definately wearing the pants:) Poor guy, I've seen her treat him worse than a drill instructor would. Sorry for rambling......I guess my biggest fear is them splitting up and her visit may become more permanent:) She has already hinted at not wanting to go back to Germany and maybe staying longer but I don't know what that means to the marriage. I hope everything works out. He is coming home in June for R&R so I guess I'll see then.

wow, i thought it was only an oversight. Yeah iys hard on young people nowadays. I wish them luck for the kids sake .

63DartMan....I see that she favors her mom's side of the family. I hope that things go well for them down the road. Being away from family in a far away land can be quite stressful to a young person with a whole bunch of responsability.
When I moved to Florida from Ohio, all of our families suddenly 875 miles away, not 3 miles. Throw having 2 boys (now 24 and 26) on top of that and she got really stressed because I was on the road alot. I gave my M-I-L some property and she built a winter house and it really helped having her mother next door.
Like I said, good luck to them and tell him thanks for his service !

Oh yea, have you taught the youngin's that Moper and Grandpa are the best?

360samp, sorry for hijacking your post......I should have started another one.

The grandkids, well, three of them were just hanging out in the Dart last night. I didn't get any pics though. They roll the windows down and and just have a good time trying to figure out the lap belts and climbing from the front to back seats. It was my two year old grandaughters first time in the dart. She didn't want nothing to do with anyone but "papa" for the rest of the night.

I will make sure my son-in-law knows that you guys want to thank him for what he is doing. That's the hard part for me. He is over there risking everything he has and my daughter just doesn't seem to be in the right frame of mind when it comes to that. I sure hope things workout.

funny yellowdart:) yeah, she got my temper though. That's why we were always butting heads when she was a teenager.

Hell you can have the post I got the info I needed. Thanks again!!!

Hey Daredevil, what kind of 53 pick up are you building?

-
Back