Sub frame connectors

-
Removing the undercoating is probably the easiest part of the whole deal. The USCT subframe connectors take a lot longer to install, and the welding is not easy, at least not in my opinion. I've been welding for over 25 years. I wouldn't consider myself an expert by any means, but I didn't pick up a torch yesterday. The welding that needs to be done definitely isn't the hardest I've done, but it's not something I would consider "easy" for an amateur welder. And there's a ton of it- you're conservatively talking about at least 15 linear feet of weld bead to fully weld them (at least on a 111" wheelbase car). And if you're working off of jackstands, it is a pain in the *** IMHO. Not everyone has a hoist, and not everyone is stripping their car and putting it on a rotisserie.

Any secrets to using a rotisserie when putting on the subframe connectors? Do I leave the doors on the car?

Any secrets to using a rotisserie when putting on the subframe connectors? Do I leave the doors on the car?

Never done it, I’ve installed all of mine with the cars up on jacks with the suspension supported. In the cases where I’ve seen it done the cars were fully stripped. One had temporary door cross braces welded in, but that was a convertible so just being on a rotisserie made those important.

-
Back