Subframe connectors - ??

-

Joe334

Reaction score
What kind of subframe connectors do you guys prefer? Weld-on or bolt-on? What about specific brands? I am looking at buying some for my duster and wanted to know your guys' take on them.

Joe

I bought the mopar performance bolt ons, and had them welded on.

weld on...and you can make your own easy too.

What kind of subframe connectors do you guys prefer? Weld-on or bolt-on? What about specific brands? I am looking at buying some for my duster and wanted to know your guys' take on them.

Joe

It all depaends on whether your Mopar is a numbers car or not. If not then I'd weld them in. The first set I bought, Bolted in and then welded. Now I make them myself (takes about 30-45 minutes) and weld in.

It all depaends on whether your Mopar is a numbers car or not. If not then I'd weld them in. The first set I bought, Bolted in and then welded. Now I make them myself (takes about 30-45 minutes) and weld in.

That's why my GTS will probably never get them. It's too rare a car, plus it'll never see a drag strip again or get driven hard.

what is the biggest (without cutting the floor) you can go on a 74 duster?

sorry for hijacking

Isnt the car much stiffer if the connectoers are welded to the floor pan?

I realy like the uscartool ones. They are good if you got a car you want to put connectors on but don't want to cut the floors. The uscartools are like adding a subframe to the middle of your car.

I would say it is this order of strangth.
2X3 put through floor
uscartool a close second
2X3 welded to front and back frames but not to the floor.

I got the uscartools to put on my 340 Dart but will be welding in 2X3 through the floor on my duster BB drag car.

Any way you go will only be an inprovment to a subframe car.

I used the uscartool sub frame connectors,but I added 3/16 plate anywhere there was a space so they are completely boxed to the floorboards, I also butchered up some home made torque boxes.......

uscar.jpg

torque%20box%20a.jpg

-
Back