Suggestions for new design Aluminum Mopar SB clean slate (kind of) cylinder heads

-
Yep. And typical bracket racer bullshit. If you had any balls you’d put a 3rd pedal in the car and show me ho to do it.

Of course, you cold write some checks and I’d come out of retirement. But you won’t do that either.

Maybe I’ll get “really stupid” and start shifting at 8500 rpm. Lol

Maybe I’ll get “really stupid” and start shifting at 8500 rpm. Lol

That will never happen. You don’t have the skill to build an engine that will turn that RPM and make power up there. Fear makes people take the gutless way.

Evidently you didn’t grow up watching Modified Eliminator like I did.

Low RPM tractor engines with converters bores me to tears. If that gets your rocks off good on you.

Like I said earlier, I could have been a ***** and put a glide in it. Then I’d be like the rest of the chassis stupid clowns today who know no more than they did 30 years ago.

Time to go fishing.

That will never happen. You don’t have the skill to build an engine that will turn that RPM and make power up there. Fear makes people take the gutless way.

Low RPM tractor engines with converters bores me to tears. If that gets your rocks off good on you.

Like I said earlier, I could have been a ***** and put a glide in it. Then I’d be like the rest of the chassis stupid clowns today who know no more than they did 30 years ago.

Time to go fishing.

Stick to machine work and let the men do the driving. Getting the 8500 rpm monster to the track would drum up business so you would be too busy to play on the internet. Lol.

Ok back to magnum heads. I vote for 2.055 valve, 195 cc intake runner with room to grow. Higher pan rail as requested, shorter boss on front and rear of head for accessories, aluminum of course, LA intake bolt pattern, 11/32 or 8mm valves, more updated chamber, non sunken spark plug holes, semi cleaned up chamber as done on 243 LS heads, 290 cfm out of the box with 200 plus cfm @ .300 lift, magnum based with stud rockers and pushrod oiling. Throat property sized (89-90%) for 2.055 valve size, Chamber size to be determined, if possible have the appearance of a stock magnum head, 1800.00 price point (or less if import), etc, etc.

Off set the intake port to remove push rod pinch come up with a stamp steel intake rocker arm that looks and fits like a stock one so we can use this head with out a highly priced after market ones ,if I used a cam with 500 lift and the head flows 50 cfm better that may be all I want not everyone wants 350 to400 cfm

Time to go fishing.

frankly, low rpm “ tractor” engines makes it so those of us who aren’t millionaires can go out and race on a regular basis. Blowing up engines can’t be in the financial cards.
on the other hand, what you are lobbying for, 8500 rpm, is probably why you havent raced since battleships had wooden decks:lol:
News flash, racing these days isn’t cheap

frankly, low rpm “ tractor” engines makes it so those of us who aren’t millionaires can go out and race on a regular basis. Blowing up engines can’t be in the financial cards.
on the other hand, what you are lobbying for, 8500 rpm, is probably why you havent raced since battleships had wooden decks:lol:
All I can add is racing was NEVER cheap!, well that and I really wish we were talking about a new race head lol.

Does Blueprint even build a Chrysler based small block that can Rev to 8500rpm? From what I’ve seen over the years maybe closer to 6200-6500 and 500hp or so.
But they should design a head with more rpm and horsepower potential?
Someone should, but Blueprint ain’t the company at this point. Barking up the wrong tree comes to mind here.

Does Blueprint even build a Chrysler based small block that can Rev to 8500rpm? From what I’ve seen over the years maybe closer to 6200-6500 and 500hp or so.
Someone should, but Blueprint ain’t the company at this point. Barking up the wrong tree comes to mind here.

They already have that head. W8 and W9 engines LOVE rpm and the expensive parts that go into these builds. If you love this type of builds join Brett’s Facebook page as he’s building them weekly. I also see many for sale weekly 1000’s under what it cost to build.

The point was there is no affordable 18 degree head designed for 59 degree lifter angle on the market anymore. A few of us tried to point out this is an untapped market and hoped room could be left in the casting to tap this market as blueprint has done this with its small block chevy head. Like their 225 cnc. It was deemed unacceptable. So here we are.

They already have that head. W8 and W9 engines LOVE rpm and the expensive parts that go into these builds. If you love this type of builds join Brett’s Facebook page as he’s building them weekly. I also see many for sale weekly 1000’s under what it cost to build.
Good god, we werent asking for a f-ing W8 or 9. Stop pontificating. Some of us hoped he could, raise the intake port 1/4 like johnny mac said he was looking at doing, and the ability to move the pushrod out of the port. With some meat in the casting to open the port that would loosely give you a port that could compete with a W5 and still work for you resto head guys. Blueprint makes a 225cc head capable of good power for the small block chevy guys and hoped they could do the same for us. Some want a head that doesnt start running out of breath at 5800 rpm on 400+ inches at a reasonable price.

Good god, we werent asking for a f-ing W8 or 9. Stop pontificating. Some of us hoped he could, raise the intake port 1/4 like johnny mac said he was looking at doing, and the ability to move the pushrod out of the port. With some meat in the casting to open the port that would loosely give you a port that could compete with a W5 and still work for you resto head guys. Blueprint makes a 225cc head capable of good power for the small block chevy guys and hoped they could do the same for us. Some want a head that doesnt start running out of breath at 5800 rpm on 400+ inches at a reasonable price.

Good God why don’t you start a post about a head like this instead of trampling on a post about as per wish an out of the box budget head that flows 290 cfm. It would be a very interesting post I’m betting. It’s really not hard to start a post. Try it. Suggested title. “Build me a 59 degree head with a 225cc port, small enough valve to work on a 4.030 bore, flows like a ported W5, and is American made, and is cheap to buy. I would like this out of the box but with room to grow.

Good God why don’t you start a post about a head like this instead of trampling on a post about as per wish an out of the box budget head that flows 290 cfm. It would be a very interesting post I’m betting. It’s really not hard to start a post. Try it. Suggested title. “Build me a 59 degree head with a 225cc port, small enough valve to work on a 4.030 bore, flows like a ported W5, and is American made, and is cheap to buy. I would like this out of the box but with room to grow.
Per Johnny's first post he was asking for input on a possible new head, and looking for input on the casting with a few parameters. Seems he was looking for input. Its unfortunate you dont like input you dont agree with,but such is the world. By the way, this head will be finished in the US but be a chinese casting, just like yours. Have a good day, I have work to do any no more time and patience to argue.

The point was there is no affordable 18 degree head designed for 59 degree lifter angle on the market anymore. A few of us tried to point out this is an untapped market and hoped room could be left in the casting to tap this market as blueprint has done this with its small block chevy head. Like their 225 cnc. It was deemed unacceptable. So here we are.
I get the point in general, what’s being mentioned are valid, but Johnny laid out parameters. It’s clear to me they want to build their own heads for the engines they offer, up to 500hp, for the blocks that are available.

AND:

Get some input and possibly incorporate as much as possible and profitable into the design so as to be marketable as stand alone offerings down the road.

IMO, IMO, based on what I’ve seen on this forum over the years the engine builders and more serious higher horsepower racers are a very small percentage here. And they are not going to buy a fully assembled anything from Blueprint. At the most a bare head. And since it’s stud mount highly unlikely at that. But they have valid thoughts/opinions.

I get the point in general, what’s being mentioned are valid, but Johnny laid out parameters. It’s clear to me they want to build their own heads for the engines they offer, up to 500hp, for the blocks that are available.

AND:

Get some input and possibly incorporate as much as possible and profitable into the design so as to be marketable as stand alone offerings down the road.

IMO, IMO, based on what I’ve seen on this forum over the years the engine builders and more serious higher horsepower racers are a very small percentage here. And they are not going to buy a fully assembled anything from Blueprint. At the most a bare head. And since it’s stud mount highly unlikely at that. But they have valid thoughts/opinions.
There are a few more than you think, most dont say much anymore because this kind of stuff is what they deal with. No we wont buy a crate engine, but we may buy their heads, which Johnny mentioned they may want to sell seperate for the engine, like they do with their chevy heads.

I think Johnny is just barking up a tree.
you would need custom headers, probably intake, and rocker gear( when I say custom, I mean non factory style)
What doing all this stuff equals, is an Indy head, which is already available

AND:

Has nothing to do with being a racer. Some of the thick headed people on here have no clue how far under headed these 4 inch stroke engines are.

The architecture of these heads was laid out in in what??? 1962?? For a planned displacement of what? 340 inches? Maybe. 360 at the most.

And at what RPM? There were PASSENGER CARS. Cruise RPM was 2500-3200 depending on tire diameter and gear ratio.

And that’s with a rod to stroke ratio of 1.85.

Now add 68 inches and drop the R/S ratio down to 1.53.

You can go round and round with these guys and they’ll never get it. These heads are way undersized for the displacement.

Do you know what my budget was? Of course you don’t.

You might think you know, but you don’t.

I didn’t lobby for any 8500 RPM anything because I know most of you aren’t capable of the maintenance required.

Bracket racers love to brag about changing their oil once a year and getting 552 runs out of a set of plugs.

I don’t get that thinking but to each his own.

As for why I don’t race it’s simple really. I spent enough time at race tracks of all kinds from the time I was a kid until I got sick of it.

I was sick of the people. Sick of the rules. Sick of getting two time runs (if you‘re lucky). Sick of watching stupid customers abuse their equipment.

Going to a drag strip no more makes you a racer than standing in your garage makes you a car.

They sell any stumble bum that comes along a ticket.

Has nothing to do with being a racer. Some of the thick headed people on here have no clue how far under headed these 4 inch stroke engines are.

The architecture of these heads was laid out in in what??? 1962?? For a planned displacement of what? 340 inches? Maybe. 360 at the most.

And at what RPM? There were PASSENGER CARS. Cruise RPM was 2500-3200 depending on tire diameter and gear ratio.

And that’s with a rod to stroke ratio of 1.85.

Now add 68 inches and drop the R/S ratio down to 1.53.

You can go round and round with these guys and they’ll never get it. These heads are way undersized for the displacement.
If they are way undersized for a stroker, will a head that is properly sized for a stroker be way over oversized for a nonstroker?

Whatever they end up with aside, as long as any assembled heads are truly 100% OOTB bolt-on ready. No need to check anything other than cleanliness. For all you guys that say there is no such thing as that. Here’s Blueprints chance to prove you wrong! Ain’t nobody (OK, maybe one, for you literalists out there) pulling apart one of their engines to check everything, heads included. So, that should apply to the heads in boxes dropped off on your front porch! :lol:

-
Back