Suggestions for new design Aluminum Mopar SB clean slate (kind of) cylinder heads

-
What about a taller port with a raised roof and bowl and longer valves. Kind of like an ls port. You would need a special intake and longer pushrods.

I agree with what you're saying, but budget head? lol
It's not going to be a budget deal with the research and development needed.
It will be a $1000 dollar head when all is said and done, the price of the crate motor will increase.
or will this be just another Chinese head

There’s nothing wrong with the speedmasters if you throw out the idea of USA made.

I agree with what you're saying, but budget head? lol
It's not going to be a budget deal with the research and development needed.
It will be a $1000 dollar head when all is said and done, the price of the crate motor will increase.
or will this be just another Chinese head
The entire idea is to reduce cost of our current option, which is the rpm. This will not increase our engine price. What would be the point? These will be machined and assembled in Nebraska, like all our other heads. The casting itself will be done overseas. Sorry as I'm sure that's not what you want to hear, but there are very few aluminum foundries in the US, most of which pour Chinese aluminum, even if it's stateside, and the others are double the cost. Not to mention it's extremely obvious what the stateside options lead to in the term of availability. Poor availability is an understatement. If I could get them done here reasonable, I would. We do everything here we can, including engine blocks.

No problem with me, you know that! I guess I am unable to nail down current availability, that's all, hence my stupid post. :)
Since you quoted me I got the notice of your reply.

Oh yea, we are good. Stupid post? Not by you. However… some people… they assume so much and move goalposts and bend meanings and… oh never mind! LMAO!

His resume' and track results? Where can we go to validate his "real world" results? All I could find is something about European 4 cylinders, and a ford pinto. Also his main side kick with all DVs "expert help" just got beat by a 4 door taxicab turd 318 build with junk, by an idiot.
He just snubbed Darrin for Dv... LMFAO.
How many heads has DV designed...right? Haha hes a typical rock dweller.

We will provide the guide plates with the heads when we get to retailing them. They won't add any cost. If we can make heads....we can make guideplates lol no worries there. We already do for sbc BBC sbf
I guess You do, I'm just not a guide-plate fan, just prefer the other types. Either way, raising & canting the intakes is doable, only piston valve reliefs would be affected. Looking forward to the conclusion of this project, good luck!!

What about a taller port with a raised roof and bowl and longer valves. Kind of like an ls port. You would need a special intake and longer pushrods.
Tall is for the injector..smart or that would eat up advertised flow I'd think.
Wouldnt you say a 360 int port is tall by most standards.
Afaik..The LS head typically does 220s-240's stock. A mildly worked x head or j will do that. An ootb sm head is about as good, under peak is 10cfm behind ..but peaks as good or better.
At this point its get a master for a 300 cfm speed disassturds and copy that with a head that's already tube'd pinch and head bolt right out of the gate .but with a better chamber.
Or be odd just for us oddball stocker head guys..do some aluminum stocker X/J heads that are master cnc to 290cfm ootb with a slightly larger magnum style exh port and ootb at 185cc w/slots not holes..for the push rods...cast in the entire roof about .080 taller on the outside for raising...pedestal rocker if you must but consider bosses for stand mounting/shaft type... and toss a heart-shaped chamber in there for the hell of it and an open option or the meat to make it so kind of like Edelbrock does if the heads actually sells

Last edited:
Tall is for the injector.
360 port is tall by most standards.
Afaik..The LS head typically does 220s-240's stock. A mildly worked x head or j will do that. An ootb sm head is about as good, under peak is 10cfm behind ..but peaks as good or better.
Build an equivalent small mopar to an ls. Same cam, compression, cubic inches etc. The mopar with the x head or speedmaster will be 50 hp less. The flowbench doesnt tell the whole story.

Nice. Good guide. I'm only up to date'ish on the first 3, 5.3/truck stuff . Those lq9 are the ones people were going for in the yards here. Potential to say the least. Then I look at the numbers again and while they're still good we can see some of those numbers too with what we have and we have Stone Age stuff in comparison. Afr stuff is beyond that of course. Lol What are you going after now?

That would be great!! I'm sure you have it posted somewhere but remind me what tfs heads flow ootb? I thought I recalled it wasn't mind blowing?

Ok here’s a quick diagram of a Speedmaster that window is big enough to flow 330 cfm with a 2,08 valve. If I needed more area it’s there as this is measured at the pinch. I could push the common wall over some without sacrificing my divider witch I refuse to narrow. This is gasket matched to an Edelbrock gadget so I could cut the gasket and go up some and remove some of the upgrade on the floor slightly. Maybe I should ovalize it and make it as good as a fifty year old W2. Lol

694D7947-4684-4632-8398-15437D610F1F.jpeg

I’ll say it again. A ported LS flows 300 cfm with a 2.000 valve. 304 app with a 2.02.

The early 4.8L 5.3L LS engines most people play with flow the 240 ish cfm.

I believe that is for porting your heads. I think there are options out there for complete heads for not much more than that price.

I’m telling you Chevy guys are cheap. They put them together and either run 10’s or blow them up with their turbos.

-
Back