suggestions on repairing lower rear shock mounts

-

hotairgypsy

Reaction score
well i discovered both lower rear mounts on my car have broken off threads...so of course the shock will slide on but no way to secure it...i did order a replacement parts and they were not a good fit for the shaft diameter to the shock..i did go to the junk yard and try and find a new set of lower mounts but didnt have any luck...i did find some top one and thought about just mounting them in but they are longer than the lower ones...so what have others done to repair this properly if you all dont mind me asking...

20220426_113702.jpg

well i discovered both lower rear mounts on my car have broken off threads...so of course the shock will slide on but no way to secure it...i did order a replacement parts and they were not a good fit for the shaft diameter to the shock..i did go to the junk yard and try and find a new set of lower mounts but didnt have any luck...i did find some top one and thought about just mounting them in but they are longer than the lower ones...so what have others done to repair this properly if you all dont mind me asking...

View attachment 1715917946
Start a parts wanted ad for some and replace it.

Speedway motors sells them in there circle track parts section, pretty inexpensive and nice quality.

This is the part that you need.
Mancini Racing Lower Rear Shock Stud
Item #: MRE35511

Ted

i did order a replacement parts and they were not a good fit for the shaft diameter to the shock

If the new "pins" are too big, machine them down so they are the same size as the original ones. Then have the new pins welded on.

We fix them all the time using the upper shock bolt . cut it off and weld one in place. That is a 7 1/4 shock plate I have one . $15 plus shipping. Sould fit in a $9.95 flat rate box.

With a welder, anything is possible… unless you’re welding hardened bolts on, in which case the weld will actually destroy the temper of the steel.

-
Back