Summer night weather...good grief!

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I just read that between midnight and 1:00am this morning Death Valley, CA, recorded a temp of 120F.
I know where I'm NOT going next weekend!

If I had to make a list of reasons not to go to commiefornia, I don't think the weather would make it on the first few pages

All the years I lived out there, never saw a reason to go. We had plenty of dry lakes and creosote bushes and tumble weeds in our own back yards :lol:

105 at 8:45 p.m. here in Arizona, will drop to 87 overnight . Not Death Valley hot but still hot. Ya , I know it's a dry heat :)
A few years ago we went on vacation in Arizona
By 10.00 the mercury was reading 120, but like you said, a dry heat

I will take 120 in AZ over 85 in Michigan any day

I had an intern once that would make up field data and sleep in the company truck. He got a permanent job with the Dept. of the Interior as a park interpreter in Death Valley. I couldn’t think of a better place for him.

I read online that with the heat index earlier this week it was 152 degrees in Iran.

Its probably more bearable than here right now at 9 PM. The humidity will kick your ***.

It has actually been decent here today, kinda cool and overcast.
Right now its 69F with 78% humidity.
I worked outside until about dark, when the bugs started attacking, I called it and went into the house.

Gonna make me walk outside and look. (Thermometer on the back porch, in the shade).

Okay, 7:15 p.m., 115° f in the shade, 23% h. I doubt it will get much under 100, till maybe 4 a.m. Probably hotter in my shop.
At 10 p.m., the dogs will still wanna play outside with their glow-in-the-dark balls.

Last edited:
Gonna make me walk outside and look. (Thermometer on the back porch, in the shade).

Okay, 7:15 p.m., 115° f in the shade, 23% h. I doubt it will get much under 100, till maybe 4 a.m.
At 10 p.m., the dogs will still wanna play with their glow-in-the-dark balls.
Glow in the dark balls, that will be fun.
Our dog (wife's) is a black lab, you cannot see him when its dark out.
I bought a flashing collar, that rotates neon green around it.
It is funny watching him run thru the yard, by the road, passing cars do not know what to think. Sometimes slamming on their brakes and swearing.

Glow in the dark balls, that will be fun.
Our dog (wife's) is a black lab, you cannot see him when its dark out.
I bought a flashing collar, that rotates neon green around it.
It is funny watching him run thru the yard, by the road, passing cars do not know what to think. Sometimes slamming on their brakes and swearing.
One of mine is an all black GSD, the other three are black and red. I've got pretty good lighting out back, so I can see em, but once I light up the balls, I get to see green lights (the balls) running all over!

I read online that with the heat index earlier this week it was 152 degrees in Iran.
That is miserable. For two years (90-91) I planned the Tactical Airlift for all exercises in Egypt and Jordan. Once they were planned, I had to be there to make sure things went as planned. Once we were at an exercise called Bright Star at Cairo West (an Egyptian Air Force base about 20 miles west of Cairo). It was HOT and we were sleeping in tents.
But it wasn't that hot.

That is miserable. For two years (90-91) I planned the Tactical Airlift for all exercises in Egypt and Jordan. Once they were planned, I had to be there to make sure things went as planned. Once we were at an exercise called Bright Star at Cairo West (an Egyptian Air Force base about 20 miles west of Cairo). It was HOT and we were sleeping in tents.
But it wasn't that hot.
I bet it was still miserable!

All I know is I must love fresh hot air when a 75 year old man is cutting out a floor and welding in the repop under the shade of a Texas red oak and a couple of pines and the heat unde is 110 with a 5 mph breeze! But.... it if I had the floor last week,I would have done it all when it was 120 h.i. :thumbsup: :confederateflag: :steering::BangHead:

-
Back