Summers officially over!

-
I missed the summer months so I have just a couple months until the salt comes. Just got the Fargo on the road after changing to a dual master and running all new brake lines. May as well enjoy it while I can before the salt.

DSC05230.jpg

In Indiana you hibernate in the winter, in AZ you hibernate in the summer (when you can), 4months of hell is the cost of the other 8 months. "Dry" heat is still hot @ 100+...and the worst part is my allergies got worse after moving to AZ.

Well that sucks! It's always a sad day when I put mine away for the winter too. It's always fun to fire it up on nice winter days and hear it run. I usually set the rear on jack stands so I can run it in gear. tmm

I'll buy some winter tires for Valiant and drive through snow. Not at salted roads though.

In Indiana you hibernate in the winter, in AZ you hibernate in the summer (when you can), 4months of hell is the cost of the other 8 months. "Dry" heat is still hot @ 100+...and the worst part is my allergies got worse after moving to AZ.

lol no kidding... you have to admit though the dry 110 (>5%) is much nicer than the first monsoon when its a 110 and 45% humidity!

"It's a sad day when that last insurable day rolls around to mark the end of summer. Cleaned her off and tucked her in. Anyone else?"

We trade real heat for your salt and cold. I was in my dress blues (all wool-sleeves to ankles) during a funeral in San Antonio in the summer in 100 degree weather, everyone else were hurting taking off their suit coats while I did not even sweat. -The humid heat here on the coast is killer hot. Everyone that I serve with that ends up in the sand says this place really gets them ready for the desert 120-140 degree heat.

>> "I wish, just gets grey and wet for a while now."

>> I'll never scoop snow again-if I can help it. I did nine years hard time in Nebraska,
>>110 in the summer, 30 below with an 80 below wind chill in the winter. Just give me
>> one kind of weather to live in.

>>"We need a chemist to design a coating that neutralizes effects of salt..."
>>A Northrup Gruman engineer once told me that nylon is unaffected by salt,
>>but it breaks down with sunlight-reminds me of what they say about POR-15.

>>Nope , fair weather car only... stated we have a real car killer.SALT!!!!!!!

>> - Salt is part of my weather 24/7 365 - the stainless, chrome, aluminum, even the
>> non ferrous alloys all corrode because of the salt in the air.

Taking my demon to monster mopars this weekend and
plan on putting it in storage when I get back mainly because
I have a project car going and have to move it into the shop.

Sounds like killer heat can be just as bad. Must be a real ***** keeping these old girls running cool.:angryfir:

Rob....mine's off the road 'cause it's in the paint shop.....finally!!!!

Attachments

• Dart-Body Shop 002 (Small).jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 83
As far as cars go, I would rather have faded paint and a sun baked interior than rotted quarter panels and crossmembers. lol

I drive mine until mid Nov usally.
I am SOOO looking forward to seeing your 71 Roadrunner this week at Monster Mopar at Indy :cheers:
That is my #1 Roadrunner chassis and body style :hello2:
I drive Victoria year around here, But this winter the Ramcharger will be on the road and the original head will be coming off of Victoria's 170 /6 and the new slightly shaved big valve head will be going on this winter :cheers:
Built by Frank my /6 guru 66aCUDA here in Arkansas :D
I may even ask him to install it and set it up for me one strongend together.

She has been a great ride in life and looking forward to many more years of enjoyment :hello2:

Attachments

• SUPER%20BOWL%20IVIV%202010%20024.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 78
  • Picture 222 124.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 75
  • Picture 222 118.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 81
  • Night time ramcharger 039.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 68
Thinking about packing it up soon. Snow will be flying now and then next month. I called my insurance guy. If I have liability only it costs $260 a year. If I insure it as a collector car I can get full coverage for $104 a year. A collector car has to be more than 25 years old and you have ro get an appraisal. Sounded like a no brainer to me!

Taking my demon to monster mopars this weekend and
plan on putting it in storage when I get back mainly because
I have a project car going and have to move it into the shop.

See you there dodge71demon :cheers: I will be with Tony fields and checking out some racing and bringing my neck brace and helmet just in case I get lucky and make a pass :burnout:. :joker:
I wonder who of us fabo members will be making the longest drive to get there :D:hello2:

-
Back