Sunday's 'Supermoon' Total Lunar Eclipse

-
The "weather people" were predicting "we will see it" last night on the "noose"

It said in the article that certain areas, like both y'alls neck o the woods, it might be hard to see.

In general we have a wonderful view of the moon here, wide open to the Northeast. I'm really hoping for a clear night. If it is like some of our harvest moons, it should be huge!

Gotta say while I was out west George the night time views were spectacular! Sat out on the lawn chair and watched many a satellite cruise over above me. Pretty cool, I will be watching for this Sunday night.

Hopefully we have clear skies tomorrow night as well.

Attachments

• Fall Moon.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 298
Went out about 7-7:30PM to take a couple of quick shots, and make sure I'll probably be able to see it tomorrow. Nothing special here, Canon 7D, Canon 300mm f2.8 at f4

There's a bit of fringe / haze so the photo is a bit blurry.

The upper photo was uploaded to "Tinypic" and the bottom photo was uploaded by the site software

2mnosqs.jpg

Attachments

• _MG_7899cs.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 253
I have been waiting all week to see this. Haven't had a cloud in the sky all week. I get up this morning and wind is blowing and completely overcast. I may be taking a road trip today.

Cool pics Del! Its 10 pm here and Lori n I are on the deck with perfect view.

I just took a shot or two of the eclipse, the moon has just come over the horizon about 1/2 hour ago. Way WAY too dark for any decent shots. I've got the 'big lens' opened clear up to 2.8, the ISO bumped up to 1600, and the shutter clear down to 1/128. It is going to be a challenge to get a decent focused shot. The auto focus won't work (expected) the viewfinder is too dark, and "live view" is not that much help as dark as it is.

I don't keep batteries in the wireless remote, any more, so I just set the 10 sec delay in an attempt to allow the tripod to "settle down."

I'll wait another 1/2 hour, and another 1/2 after that "We'll see"

It IS a nice evening, clear, no wind, "pleasant" but cool, I guess about 55F by now

well, i hope someone will post up some pictures. i'm like splitty. not a cloud all week, started raining around 2 pm and so far we've got about 4 ". rain sucks. dave.

I just took a shot or two of the eclipse, the moon has just come over the horizon about 1/2 hour ago. Way WAY too dark for any decent shots. I've got the 'big lens' opened clear up to 2.8, the ISO bumped up to 1600, and the shutter clear down to 1/128. It is going to be a challenge to get a decent focused shot. The auto focus won't work (expected) the viewfinder is too dark, and "live view" is not that much help as dark as it is.

I don't keep batteries in the wireless remote, any more, so I just set the 10 sec delay in an attempt to allow the tripod to "settle down."

I'll wait another 1/2 hour, and another 1/2 after that "We'll see"

It IS a nice evening, clear, no wind, "pleasant" but cool, I guess about 55F by now
I didn't think about setting the shutter delay. More exposure let me get more color, redness, but my tripod is very shaky and no shutter delay. Here is one pic from early into it.
Canon T1i with Canon 55mm-250mm lens.

Attachments

• IMG_4034.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 186
Well it was a mixed bag. Moon was so dark during the eclipse, pretty impossible to get anything. Here is actually "too late" as it well on the way "out". Hope this works, this is from Canon's "Irista" website, which I recently signed up for. These were taken with the 7D, the 300mm F2.8, and a Canon 2x extender.

Click the link (I hope) for the full size shot

https://photoneub4p2.blob.core.wind...Rdw9+czrbrweMf/1tscGpjTwcM=&_cb=1443415629000

9ba0017bd268482e9e9b019a25423d96%2Fscreenresolution

Northwest skies were clear and I was able to get some decent pictures. Would have been better if I had a longer zoom so I didn't have to crop so much. Taken on a Nikon D3100 @ 200mm, f/7.1.

12079189_1349909498404819_4559322910151093391_n.jpg

Super moon.

Blood moon.

Lunar eclipse.

Too cloudy to see from my house but I did drink a "Mike's Hard Blood Orange" to celebrate the once in several dozen years event.

-
Back