SunPro Super Tach II Column Mounted Tachometer - Any good?

-
I've seen good things about it on Amazon, however I picked mine up at a local autozone, should have it hooked up today.

i bought a 3" sunpro super tach II and have only used it for 6 months and the needle is already sticking at whatever rpm the engine is at when i shut the car off. this tach was brand new. maybe you guys will have better luck.

heres mine after i shut the car off yesterday. half the time it doesnt even read right. the car was idling at about 700.

maybe i got a bad one, but i wont buy another one

Attachments

• tack.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 1,191
I have one but I haven't hooked it up yet. It looks decent but it is a plastic housing. For the price it seems like a good deal.

i bought a 3" sunpro super tach II and ................... the needle is already sticking at whatever rpm the engine is at when i shut the car off....................

THIS IS NORMAL and also is a characteristic of at least some Autometer tachs

THIS IS NORMAL and also is a characteristic of at least some Autometer tachs

the sticking i can live with, but half the time it doesnt read. when i start the car the needle drops below 500 rpm and is slow to fluctuate with the throttle. THIS tach is junk IMO. the 1000 rpm shown in the pic was actually around 700 rpm. it worked good for about 4 months and its slowly just getting worse. i have another little Autometer and it is still working great after 2 years.

not so well since no one has responded to my thread (look down the page) about installing it since 10 this morning. I need to know whether or not I can use the ACC spade connector on the fuse box since there is no extra one on the radio fuse.

My Monster tach did the same thing, shut it down and it freezes at whatever it was at when you cut the power. Always reset itself when you energized it though. I got a Super Tach 2 in my '65 and it works great. IF they made a monster tach with a 0-8000 spread,
(oh, I guess they do?) I would buy another. 10-11K is way too much travel if you limiter is at 6600.

.... IF they made a monster tach with a 0-8000 spread, (oh, I guess they do?) I would buy another. 10-11K is way too much travel if you limiter is at 6600.

Yeah, I just bought an Auto Meter 8,000 rpm tach , 'cause of the "shrapnel limiter" built in to the leaning tower of power!

ATB

BC

-
Back