super 6 carburetor

-

concrete52

Reaction score
got a super 6 set up - rebuilding me a 225 slant 6 - got me a 75 dart swinger - now this carb that i have is stamped st. louis - carter 0-2543 - now when it comes time to rebuild the engine which will be a mild build - the focus on the carb i am needing to understand - certain things have been done not only to the moters but carburation for sure because of smog emmissions - the so called lean burn - anyone can tell me what to really do with this carb to ensure proper function - thanks

Let me ask you, how much experience do you have at this sort of thing?:???: does your carb look like the one pictured?

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 178
firstly - i am a carpenter - have an interest in restoring this dart swinger that i have - been at it for two yearsnow - set myself up real nicely - presently finished the outside wheel wheels and now ready for sandblasting ,priming , seam sealer and some paint around the wheel wells - then get the quarter pannels back on and away i go with more fabrication - i am just getting more acquainted with the mechanical end of things and appreciate the info i receive from you fellas - thanks man - so yes i have the set up as what you have - i notice on the linkages that i guess you adapted cause of your headers - the carb i have is st. louis - 0-2543 - with a red tag 80878 2716 721

yes you are correct, my linkage is a little different from stock because of the headers. yours will line up with the throttle cable. as far as the carb numbers, I don't have a clue to what they are. maybe someone else can tell you what car that carb originally came on.
to your original question about what to do with the carb. find yourself a competent carb guy and have him rebuild it, or, if you want to try it yourself, go for it. as long as you don't run wires through the ports, or lose parts, you will be ok. block off all the vacuum ports except what you need. you probably only need vacuum advance to the distributor and PCV, block the rest off. don't worry about lean burn you don't have it

-
Back