super low budget 318 part 2

-

moturbopar

Reaction score
Ok I am going to change some things up on my super low budget 318.
Anyways
69 318, aftermarket (dont know what they are) pistons 8.5 to 1 with 70 cc chamber heads
915 j heads 1.88 1.6 valves pocket porting
Or i have 596 casting 2.02 1.60 valves and full porting
Engle cam 216 at .050 int and ext .458 lift 113lc Now
Looking at maybe going bigger, what would you guys recommend?
was looking at an xe268 or ???
Have 2 intakes stock ported 360 manifold divider cut down
and M1 single plane going to try both of them
headers are 1 5/8 2.5 exst
750 holley annular discharge boosters
100 shot (think the m1 would work well with the 100 shot)
has 8 3/4 with 3.91 gears
904 manual valve body and a tight 3500 stall converter.

The car is getting a 360, so messing with the 318 as an experiment.
If I blow up the 318 its not a big deal, since the car is not a daily driver, mostly just a toy.

the car runs pretty strong now, with same as above but stock j heads
and the engle cam, 2 crushed header tubes and stock trans and converter. 26.5 drag radials. I would guess mid 14s right now off the nitrous. would like to run it in the next couple of weeks to see what i can do.

So with the above parts what do you guys think it could run? Should I change the cam? if so what would be good?
Thanks

If you are going with bigger valves you'll want a cam with tighter centerlines, and a LOT more compression. This is assuming you plan to drive it on the street. If you're building a grenade, just add spray.

3500 stall converter with what torque put to it? The 80's hi stall converter makes 3K behind a beasty 440.... Just saying.

I personally think the cam selection is almost spot on, considering he is going to spray it.

It was stalling that behind a 360 with a pretty big cam. I think I am going to try it.
So the engle cam thats in it is a good choice? So what do you think about using the M-1 with the engle cam and nitrous? I tried the nitrous with the factory intake, but there were some lean plugs when I checked.

I would highly recommend more compression....at least 10.1 :burnout:

Rickster

-
Back