Super Stock Springs

-

440dartsport

Reaction score
I am going to be buying a new set of leafs for my 74 dart sport. I see summit list 2 different Mopar Super Stock springs. A 2,800lb set and a 3,200lb set. What is the better route to go? Is there anything else to know about before buying these and putting them in?

Get the Mancini SS springs. The new Mopar ones are made in Mexico and they've had trouble with them.

Super stock springs will raise the *** end of your car appx 4"....these were made for drag cars for better "launch" and for additional clearance for big slicks....a more popular choice might be the 1" extra arch leafsprings offered my several companies...the Hemi Demon recently built has these from a company called Espro Spring...make sure you get the front eye bushing size correct for your application....about $200. for the pair

I went with the 456 and 457 3400 lb on my coronet and it didn't noticeably raise it but an inch on one side

I used the 002 & 003 springs on my 3000# car and they initially raised it up a couple of inches but they settled down. These springs work great at the strip but are a little harsh on the street.

What are your intentions for the car..if its going to be a street only,i'd get a set of replacement springs from Espo i've used them on 2 different dusters car sat real nice,if your going the strip or street/strip route i'd get a set of the H.D. springs they work quite well,,i'm not a fan of the Mopar s.s. springs...

What are your intentions for the car..if its going to be a street only,i'd get a set of replacement springs from Espo i've used them on 2 different dusters car sat real nice,if your going the strip or street/strip route i'd get a set of the H.D. springs they work quite well,,i'm not a fan of the Mopar s.s. springs...

Now that he mentions it, ditto. I did the same thing stroked did. I was very very happy with the 1 inch over bent springs from ESPO.

I would buy 2 passenger side springs, if I were to do it again.
I am not drag racing the the 2 different spring left my car lower on the drivers side of the car.

The car is a 74 Dart Sport. It is getting about a 650hp 440 with a 4 speed. I figure the car weights around 3,100 - 3,200 lbs. It will be mostly street but will also see the track a few times a year. I want to run as big of a tire as I can.

The car is a 74 Dart Sport. It is getting about a 650hp 440 with a 4 speed. I figure the car weights around 3,100 - 3,200 lbs. It will be mostly street but will also see the track a few times a year. I want to run as big of a tire as I can.

That kind of power with a 4-speed,i hope your running a very welll built 8 3/4 or a nice dana...

-
Back