super stock springs

-

73 dart

73dart
Reaction score
Need some help! My 73 dart has super stock springs on rear but I would like to know if they are on the right side. I can not read the part numbers on the springs. Both sides have the same amount of leafs on each side but the length of each leaf is different from side to side. How do I know which way they should go.

When you nail the pedal to the floor, does it go straight or take off to one side really hard?

Then I'd bet nickles to dimes it's all good.

Do you have alot of power in the engine/car?

I'm so not understanding how fast that is compared to a 1/4 mile slip. LOL
BJR is allways runing the 1/8 and I'm talking with him just say, "Yea, that's great....what does the equal for a 1/4 again?"

7 teens in the 1/8 is like mid 11's in the 1/4?

It does sound like fun though. The way I see it around here, unless there is a bit of open road to be had, a car set up for 660 feet will be a great street screamer.

Sorry to butt in here, but what are the Moper Performance part numbers, for the A-Body Super Stock springs, left and right.

Thanks!

Sorry to butt in here, but what are the Moper Performance part numbers, for the A-Body Super Stock springs, left and right.

Thanks!

look em up at SUMMIT under competition leaf springs, gives ya # for both left & right.

shouldnt superstock springs have and extra leaf on one side. these sound more like my mancini xhd springs. same number on both sides but the leafes are different lenghts.

Years ago the had different leafs per side but I think ther are same leaf but different rates per side. Aren't the abody ones 002 & 003 ?

The A body ultimate drag springs are the one's you have listed Joe.
All S/S springs are A body length and use lobger front hangers to place them correctly in other car bodies.
Other spring numbers for A body cars exist and are for use in certain applications due to cars engine and weight.

"If your going for it," use the 002 - 003 springs

the odd number goes on the left side even numbers goes on the right side 002 003 springs

Whats the deal with SS springs? Like a lot of Mopar parts there seems to be a lack of quality control or the low bidder syndrome.I've seen a few threads where there are unhappy customers. They were my rear suspension plan all along,but due to the amount of complaints Im planning on Caltracs and a monoleaf.

Sorry for jumping on the thread.
NOT my intention to startt a debate,just need some info.

Whats the deal with SS springs? Like a lot of Mopar parts there seems to be a lack of quality control or the low bidder syndrome.I've seen a few threads where there are unhappy customers. They were my rear suspension plan all along,but due to the amount of complaints Im planning on Caltracs and a monoleaf.

Sorry for jumping on the thread.
NOT my intention to startt a debate,just need some info.

probably exactly what you said.. lowest bidder builds them.

i know a guy that says his original set of S/S springs lasted 20 years. the next set 5 years. the set on the cat now only 3 years. he is done. going to caltrac's

I'm so not understanding how fast that is compared to a 1/4 mile slip. LOL
BJR is allways runing the 1/8 and I'm talking with him just say, "Yea, that's great....what does the equal for a 1/4 again?"

Rumble, don't take this for gospel, but I believe you multiply the 1/8 time by 1.54 and that will give you approx. 1/4 mile time. Example: (7 second 1/8 mile times 1.54 equals approx 10.78 second 1/4 mile.) I am not 100% on that.

Do you have to run a longer than stock rear shock, with the S/S leaf springs?

I'm running 002/003's on my Dart. Also running KYB's all around with no extensions. No complaints, rides stiffer but not bad, and it plants the tires way better than my worn out original springs...

I just ordered a set from Jegs, we'll see how high they lift my old 4 door!

I got them for $119.99 each, plus $11.95 shipping from Jegs, on eBay.
Thanks Dave. Too much to swing right now. Maybe over the winter.
Please post up a few pix once they're installed, and let us know how much it raised the car. I would be really interested in that info.

Good Luck.

George

-
Back