super swinger is underway!

-
I'd also like to see those pics..........you've got a lot of ideas and hopefully a lot of the $$green$$ to go along with it.
Keep us posted.
Greg......mtn_jake

Well after getting my belly full of ham(dont like turkey)i got to come home and finish taking the ford 8 incher out of the donar duster.i can tell right off that this rearend will not be staying in my car.Not that there is anything visably wrong with it(except for the rust,and 2 inch thick grease and dirt caked on it)but the housing tubes are so tiny at the ends were the bearings are,i can tell they are very small.I wonder if this rear end will be strong enough for the amount of power i am planning to run through it.I think i will go ahead and pull the 8.75 from an old 72truck ive been holding onto,and narrow it down.for now im gonna clean and paint the ford rear and stick it in,so i can put the cobra wheels on.Im dying to see them all on this car,so i can see if i have to narrow and mini tub this thing.By the way,no i dont have much cash,i have 30 years experience working on cars,i do side work to pay for parts,trade whatever i can,that i hope i dont need.except the wheels,ive pais for everything so far by selling stuff on ebay,and have bought most of my stuff from ebay.Love it or hate it,there are some deals to be had,and money to be made on there.I do plan to make this car as radical,but streetable as i can afford,and as long as i can buy the paint,i know it will look good.

I have a few pics of how the cobra rims fit the front of my car.The engine is out,so the front is up high,but i have plenty of clearance of everything,even with the wheels turned in both directions.I do thin the 245/45/17 are a little large for the front,so im planning on buying some 205/40/17s.i still havent gotten the rearend swapped in yet,but im thinking at this point i will try to run 275/40/17s on the rear.Im not sure if the 8 inch rear end i have will work or not.I found out it is out of a 64-1/2 to 66 v8 mustang,the weaskest ones avalible of course.The ford guys dont even want them,its just my luck to get stuck with one of them.I guess i will wait until i get the 73 duster drag car project home,so i can rob the 8.25 out of it.It is a 340 car,that someone gutted to finish another project.anybody have a 8.25 posi unit for sale?

with all these kids running around here,it hard to remeber who i am sometimes.:happy6:

108.jpg

107.jpg

109.jpg

110.jpg

112.jpg

111.jpg

113.jpg

114.jpg

Well,i havent been able to work on it for a while,so over the last few days i drew up my car,and tried to put what im thinking on paper.Please remember im no Chip Foose,and havent drawn a car in a long,long time.I am working on drawing a close up of the arr stripe,with ghost lames in them,as my own reference when i go to paint this thing.Hope you like it,i know the purists on here wont,but every bodys got one.

2079531536_d611b5c849_s.jpg

that is awesome.how did u do that?

I used Adobe Photoshop on my laptop, a few pictures I snagged online and just followed his drawing. I just completed a '63 Valiant for memike. You can see it HERE.

I'm into doing interesting trades of near photo-realistic representations of your favorite Mopar for parts for my '65 Valiant :)

Yep Shishaldin is the man he did my 63 valiant for me!!!
I told him what I wanted and he delivered a great peace of art I am going to have dun up to a bigger size and a nice frame for it.

Thanks again for your time and talent Shishaldin

fabo wall hanger.jpg

63g resized.jpg

I was looking around on here,and locally for a cheap a body i could buy,paint and resale to get somemore funds for this project,and yestyrday got a call about a 71 dart,with no rust for $1000.00.I went to look at it yesturday,and am very excited about what i saw.I MIGHT sell mine,and fix this one,but prob not.My plan is to paint it hemi orange,get it running,prob rebuild the motor and trans,put holley projection on it(i have a 670cfm,2 barrel unit)rebuild the rearend,and find some seats for it(the seats are gone),then put it up for sale at least by the summer.The guy also is throwing in some bb disk brakes,and b body 8.75 for $200.00 more.I need the rearend for the 73,but i do have a 8.25 that i could put in the 71,out of a 73,340 duster.It should be a nice car,that i hope to get aroun d $4000.00 out of.Of course i cant do a complete resto on it for that price,but i can do a nice paintjob,and get it mechanically ready for that,i think any ways.It wont be pefect,but i know somebody would love to have a rust free 71 hemi orange dart to drive and finish,for a reletively cheap price.I got more than $4000.00 in my 73 already,and it aint even close to running yet,but it will be as close to perfect when done,as i can afford to get it.Any suggestions,let me know,if i dont buy this car(been trying to buy it for Years)the guy is gonna cut it up for a race car,i really dont want to see that happen to such a nice car.

Momma always said to dream big!I forgot about the low milage 400 ive got in my cordoba,soooo,maybe ill freshen it up with some 10.1 pistons,port the heads a little,stick a voodoo cam,and rpm intake into the mix,and be ready to cruise.the ac brackets and compressor should go right into the dart,since it was an ac car.now i know what everybody is gonna say,why not stroke it.I dont really need that much power to cruise,and the fastest thing around here on the street are some ricers,and a few rustang gts.i dont really count the drag cars some of these people stick some tags on,and only drive once a year on the highway.my car will be driven everywere i go!

BLK250-46.jpg

swinger gastank.jpg

Img_0618_300.jpg

IMG_1280_distclmp_450.jpg

mc_4stud_300x.jpg

newshield_300.jpg

prd_sm_734.jpg

timingcover250x.jpg

ok thats a little out of my ballpark for a street engine too thanks a lot for finding that stuff out for me though thanks Justin

today i stripped most of the remaining interior,so i can get ready for the new loor pans.my floor pans were christmas presents(that my wife let me use for a few mins to see were i have to cut out the old)and were bought from auto body specialties.i have bought a lot of rust repair parts from them in the past,and always had good luck with there products.these were the cheapest(price)floor pans i could find,but i have to say,they are the nicest,thickest aftermarket floorpans ive evr seen.the also are the best fitting floor pans ive seen.i laid them in the floor,to mark the outer edges,and usually you have to hammer and shape a little,but these fit like a glove!i cant wait until i can fit these in and move onto other areas of this project.BUT,once i got all the floor mat,padding,and 30 some years of crap out of the car,i saw the passenger side rear floor pan needs some attention as well,so i will be on the lookout for a rear patch out of another car.the rust there is not enough to buy a complete patch panel.as far as the trunk floor goes,the spare tire area looks wonder full,but i dont plan to use it,because of my fuel cell.the rest of the trunk floor is not that good though,so i think a trip to the metal shop will be in order there.my plan is to mount the summit prostreet fuel cell under the trunk floor,once the spare tire hump is removed,and the rust is fixed.

today,i took the rear bumper off to get those ugly *** bumper gaurds off.i hate those things.i also removed a brace inside the rear bumper that goes from one side to the other,to relieve this thing of some weight.i also wanted to make sure there was no rust hiding behind the there.i was happy to find out there was nothing but shiny paint back there onc all the dirt and grime was washed off.any ways,i started taking the rear calance panel off,the bolts are a bitty to get off,with the seam sealer covering them inside the trunk.i took a break from that for a while to remove the prop valve,and front to rear brake line.i started cleaning the underside,ridding it of the grease that could catch fire when i start welding in the new floor pans.i am planning to epoxy prime,and paint the bottom of the car after the pans are in,and frame connectors put in.im havent decided on the spring relocation yet,maybe the 3/4 offset mopar kit,but not the 3 inch kit,because the 17/8 wheels wont need that much.i also think the car will handle better with the springs as far to the outside as possible.i guess i will go ahead with the fuel cell install,after i cut the trunk floor out.im planning on mounting the cell as low as i can,without it hanging below the rear vallance.any suggestions of anything im forgetting while im under there,will be appreciated.just keep in mind this will be a semi strong street car,that will see limited strip time,mostly street cruising ,driving to carshows(400 miles one way,and in the mountains)and mostly just having fun with anytime the weather is not to bad.

Check out the fuel cells that go inside the trunk from FBO at www.4secondsflat.com

Tankalum8.jpg

The 3/4 offset kit worked out well for me and I'll have no problems running 10.5" wide tires.

Looking good. i like the concept. the wheels seem like they would be geared more for auro cross by the looks of them.

Great progress.

i looked through fbos stuff,i like the factory style tank with the sump already added,so i can have a spare tire in the car on long trips.there are some other things they have that i can use too,thanks!

i looked through fbos stuff,i like the factory style tank with the sump already added,so i can have a spare tire in the car on long trips.there are some other things they have that i can use too,thanks!

Don has done me right. Nothing but good products, support and good prices.

Its gotten crazy cold here in nc,the last few days,and my day job has taken off since the holidays have come and gone.I havent had time to even look at my car,i cant wait to put the new floor pans in,and get the subframe connectors,i guess from summit racing,since i got 2 of there gift cards for christmas.I havent decided yet,wich connectors i want,the ce or mopar performance brand,but i do want the bolt in connectors,because i always weld up were the bolts suppose to go through,onec on the car,so it gives a little more strengthin stead of just welding the outside edges.I am also planning to paint bobby's (bjr racing) dart race car in the next few weeks,in trade for the 349 i wanted,if everything works out.If so,i guess i may have to put mini tubs in,and bigger rear meats than the 17/8,245/45/17s i was planning to run,because i dont think there gonna like 450 horses trying to shred them into little tiny pieces.I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens

I finally found some front and rear window chrome,paid for some driprail mouldings,and got a grille and front bumper,that were suppose to be for a 73,,,,humm.any ways,i have a nice 75,or 76 dart grille,rough front bumper,and bumper filler for sale.I guess the chrome trim will be ok,after i buff the crap out of it,i thought all these cars had stainless window trim,instead of anodized aluminum.I hope i didnt get shafted on the drip rail mouldings,thats what i wanted in the first place.

-
Back