Super Victor - do I grind out bulge under carb pad?

-
I can see the airflow. ha ha can you

What I am laughing at is, "It's done all the time" comment.
Also, the Weld it back in comment, which blows off half of what I asked and answers in a grey and uncaring way as if it is done in your home twice daily for years.

Your last post asks a question and then calls me out as a bull suited to what? An empty charge. I never stated I did any such work. Nor will I. It is nether here or there. If I can or can not port OR if I can or can not weld.

The issue here your side stepping is the way you suggest that welding the intake back up the way it was is easy. Sitting around the lunch table here, we are all laughing at your suggestion that you can reproduce what was cast with such an indifference to the issue. Like your just changing socks.

And if you can, we all look forward to the instructional video.

My personal welding skills are limited to 1/2 inch to 1 inch multi plate steel in Rail Road trucks and light mig work.

I have a question!

How many people can weld aluminum AND have such equipment at home ready to go?

That should be a post with a pole in it!

Mike has done it, seen it, lost power, so don't do it. I think Jim agrees. they both can see the air.

Mike has done it, seen it, lost power, so don't do it. I think Jim agrees. they both can see the air.
I think what is getting past you is that those guys are giving "error on the side of caution" advice.
They chased bench numbers to the max and it bit them. Extreme case perhaps.
To me...this is like 15 years ago where the "pros" tell the "novices" better be safe than sorry and leave the porting to the "pros".
Sometimes "some people" only see this way or that way....forgetting the middle, no low volume...just on or off. You can lightly blend those areas and gain power, but you can also easily go too far and go the other way.

You may now resume your humorous curtailing....

Last edited:
I think what is getting past you is that those guys are giving "error on the side of caution" advice.
They chased bench numbers to the max and it bit them. Extreme case perhaps.
To me...this is like 15 years ago where the "pros" tell the "novices" better be safe than sorry and leave the porting to the "pros".
Sometimes "some people" only see this way or that way....forgetting the middle, no low volume...just on or off. You can lightly blend those areas and gain power, but you can also easily go too far and go the other way.

You may now resume your humorous curtailing....
Well, I`m going to have to get another intake after I get the fish lined out. Curious now. Will do an a b a test , maybe this summer. those corner bulges sure looked in the way of a 1200cfm throttle bodys' injectors, and the way they (8) are pointed. not doubting the 2 experts word !

Well, I`m going to have to get another intake after I get the fish lined out. Curious now. Will do an a b a test , maybe this summer. those corner bulges sure looked in the way of a 1200cfm throttle bodys' injectors, and the way they (8) are pointed. not doubting the 2 experts word !
LOL
Hey....they specialize and are very knowledgeable builders no doubt, and I don't doubt their findings 'in their case' ...but really no one is an expert here. I have a different/milder approach but of course if you don't say "yes sir, thank you sir" and let it be the 'end all' everybody thinks you're callin BS and it doesn't look good going against two well noted mainstream builders I'm sure. I think those two know what I'm saying and I've pretty much said it twice so that's a wrap!

I used to think where the injector sprayed was a major consideration as well and even fabbed up the manifold in the picture with a very high and angled injector location.I couldn't stand the thought of the injectors firing basically into the floor of the port. Did it work? Yes. Did it work better than in the conventional location? Who knows?--doubtful to be honest. When Jon Kaase was developing his winning Ford Mod motor in EMC 2013 he used a Cobra R manifold and commented that some of his testing involved firing the injectors upside down into the bottom of the lid! It worked VERY well he commented.

In the second picture is a shot of the plenum and yes I removed the large radius at the tops of the runners. I think it contributed to a loss in midrange power actually. Like its already been said--Nobody here is really an expert, you just have to weigh the pros and the cons and make a decision. J.Rob

IMG_20170203_100350.JPG

IMG_20170203_112727.JPG

I'll post a pic of my own minorly blended victor later today, sometimes a pic is worth a thousand words.

I used to think where the injector sprayed was a major consideration as well and even fabbed up the manifold in the picture with a very high and angled injector location.I couldn't stand the thought of the injectors firing basically into the floor of the port. Did it work? Yes. Did it work better than in the conventional location? Who knows?--doubtful to be honest. When Jon Kaase was developing his winning Ford Mod motor in EMC 2013 he used a Cobra R manifold and commented that some of his testing involved firing the injectors upside down into the bottom of the lid! It worked VERY well he commented.

In the second picture is a shot of the plenum and yes I removed the large radius at the tops of the runners. I think it contributed to a loss in midrange power actually. Like its already been said--Nobody here is really an expert, you just have to weigh the pros and the cons and make a decision. J.Rob

View attachment 1715014438

View attachment 1715014439

Talking MFI here but I tested multiple injector locations. I went the quickest with the injector as far up the runner as I could get it. It made the idle a bit more dirty, but if you screwed with it enough, found the right barrel valve you could clean it up.

That goes against everything I was ever told. Not sure what EFI would be like but would think it would trend similar.

As for pointing the injector into the air stream...that only helped if the injector was not the right style or was just poorly designed. I always tried to run between 85-90 psi rather than 30-40 of most systems.

-
Back