Supercharged 6.4L in a 64 Valiant

-

Chuckbizkits

Reaction score
Bought a clean 1964 Plymouth Valiant HT a few months ago. Bought a 6.4L Hemi with NAG1 trans. Going to attempt to install motor and trans and perform a few other mods. Apologies in advance to those whose magnificent ideas I've stolen from these forums.

6.4 on Stand.jpeg (Custom).jpeg
Driver side profile before.jpeg (Custom).jpg

Very cool build. Looks like you have a nice solid base to work with.

Posted this question in the "Fuel and Air Systems" Forum.

I'm running an after market tank and fuel pump. Stock motor, factory EFI. The fuel pump is rated at 100PSI, 400LPH. What fuel regulator do I use?

Regulated filter commonly refered to as LS type. 60 psi regulated 30 au filter. Replacements are $35 at auto zone or napa. We have all the fitting and soft line, whole kit with ALL fittings and line are $150-$160. PM for info

Posted this question in the "Fuel and Air Systems" Forum.

I'm running an after market tank and fuel pump. Stock motor, factory EFI. The fuel pump is rated at 100PSI, 400LPH. What fuel regulator do I use?

You can use one from a Corvette, it's a combination fuel regulator, and fuel filter.

LS Fuel Filter Regulator

Hope this helps.

Joe Dokes

Also, the engine compartment on the early A bodies is TIGHT, I don't know if it is possible to squeeze a GEN III hemi into one with the stock K-Member (feel free to prove me wrong).

I think most of the guys doing this swap into Early A's tend to go with an aftermarket K, like RMS's Alterkation or Hemi Denny's setup.

Good Luck

Joe Dokes.

Also, the engine compartment on the early A bodies is TIGHT, I don't know if it is possible to squeeze a GEN III hemi into one with the stock K-Member (feel free to prove me wrong).

I think most of the guys doing this swap into Early A's tend to go with an aftermarket K, like RMS's Alterkation or Hemi Denny's setup.

Good Luck

Joe Dokes.

The harder the better!

Good Luck

Joe Dokes.

Going with RMS Alter K

Wow, this will be a fun thread to watch! I have to ask though- why did you cut half the frame rail out? Making room for some BIG meats?

Fabbed the new frame rail supports out of 1" X 4" X 1/8" Rectangular Tubing. I cut 1" off of the outside frame rails and will add 1" to the inside. These will go in the interior of the frame rail for strength and to the inside of the frame rail to add the missing 1". Kind of hard to picture but will make sense when installed.
Mini Tub 6.jpeg (Custom).jpg

Last edited:
-
Back