SuperCharged small blocks anyone?

-

Alaskan_Dart

Mopars are an addiction
Reaction score
Anyone running a SuperCharger on a small block in they're A body? Just picked up a 671 BDS used but but no pullys, manifold or carbs. No big deal, those parts can be bought new. Just looking for ideas and set ups you have or? I had a 471 years ago but never ran it on a motor I had, friend did though on his 350 chevy motor and it did okay.
Mark

Thats wild on that 416 that the blower sits perched on the top of the intake. I would love to put one on the 400 going in my dart but they aren't easy to find.

I have a ProCharged 410, but they are different enough animals I probably wouldn't be much help.

This guy probably knows something about screw type superchargers on small blocks though....

dual.jpg

i run A 6;71 on an X block,,exact 340 C.I. 7.6 compression,dyers intake,aries/trw blower pistions,,6 % undriven,,,ultra dyne cam solid lifter,547/527 msd, j heads opened to 2.02,bowls cleaned up a little
4 speed 4;56 rear gears 33tall x 22 wide meats,,,2= holly 650 double pumpers,,reworked to 861 cfm each,carbs have lots of internal mods to run properly on top of a blower,,best money i spent was doing the carbs,,made a world of difference,,:thumbup:

I have a ProCharged 410, but they are different enough animals I probably wouldn't be much help.

This guy probably knows something about screw type superchargers on small blocks though....

dual.jpg

that dakota with twin blowers is crazy horsepower, it was in mopar collectors guide awhile back, makes me wish i was born rich instead of good looking.....:lol:

that truck now runs a single blower,, on a different motor,,,both the twin and single blower motors are from big als toy box,,,he blew up the twin blower motor,,,

that truck now runs a single blower,, on a different motor,,,both the twin and single blower motors are from big als toy box,,,he blew up the twin blower motor,,,
The owner of that truck said to me he's building a tunnel rammed engine for it.

About the carbs....fstfish66 is correct. Invest in a pair of custom calibrated blower carbs from any one of the custom carb shops. They cost a little more, but your engine will perform much better. Mine were built by Quick Fuel Technologies, and I've been very happy with them.

I building a 360 what would be the max compression if I wanted to add a blower or supercharger later?
Bruce

probably somewhere in the 7.5 or 8:1 range. you will have to mess with timing and stuff like that as well to get it set up right. on all the turbo cars we've built (3) we've never exceeded 8:1. this is low compression if your going n/a but the forced induction will like it. are you going carburated or efi on it? remember that if your going carbureted, draw-thru systems are easier to tune but more dangerous in the event of a backfire (your putting the air/fuel mixture into your supercharger or turbo). also a draw-thru system CANNOT be intercooled, it is MUCH too dangerous. if you go to blow-thru carburation you have to have your carb(s) modified so that they can be pressurized. efi is MUCH easier to run, especially if it is a setup that you can use a laptop on. sometimes the engine management computers will allow you to put in a chip that will hold three or four different tunes on it, that way you can have a mileage or daily driving tune, a race-only tune, or more and then switch between them based on what your doing with the car at the time.
good luck!!!
-tim

my 340 is 7.6 compression,,,with the boost of the blower it is up over 12;1
with out a computer aided engine like a modern import,,pump gas is only good till 9 lbs of boost,, i am 6% under driven,,and i make 13 lbs of boost,,but my motor hardly ever sees that much booost on the street,, by the time im making that much boost im already in some bodys trunk,,,,

i had my carbs done by a local blower carb shop,,best money spent/along with the MSD ignition

you can get away with 8.5 / 9..1 compression,,,forged pistons,,,recomended,,

you will just run a little les drive on the pullys,,,,

-
Back