Supercharger guys come in

-

bignasty123

Reaction score
I have a low mile 73 duster stock 318 I want to supercharge it from the supercharger store. I have a good fuel system, meth injection

Question is can i run like 12 to 15 lbs on d1sc on the stock 318 with good tune? Because I have a 360 on the stand and don't care if I blow the 318 up. I also have a blow thru cam for the motor u guys think it will run good with stock manifolds. It's my wife's car so I would hate to put a 12 to 1 360 in a car she is gonna drive. The car had 26 inch talk tire and 276 gears so it seems like it would be a nice gear and combo for boost.

Also any tips and secrets plz share thanks peeps u never let me down

I have a low mile 73 duster stock 318 I want to supercharge it from the supercharger store. I have a good fuel system, meth injection

Question is can i run like 12 to 15 lbs on d1sc on the stock 318 with good tune? Because I have a 360 on the stand and don't care if I blow the 318 up. I also have a blow thru cam for the motor u guys think it will run good with stock manifolds. It's my wife's car so I would hate to put a 12 to 1 360 in a car she is gonna drive. The car had 26 inch talk tire and 276 gears so it seems like it would be a nice gear and combo for boost.

Also any tips and secrets plz share thanks peeps u never let me down

What do you call a "good fuel system"???

If you're going to run 15 pounds of boost, and a carburetor, you will need MINIMUM 3/8"-diameter fuel line from the tank or cell to the regulator, a high pressure pump like a Walbro GSL 392, a boost-referenced regulator like the one in the picture... and a half-inch return line to the tank or cell.

That 318 wil surprise you with the power it will make on even ten pounds of boost. Give it a chance...

Good luck!

Attachments

• 100_3708.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 460
and race gas,,,pump gas wont support that much boost

Attachments

• carlisle%2008%20370.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 398
What's the difference between a blown engine runnin that much boost and a 12:1 360? They'll both require race gas like mentioned above ^^^^^^

Sounds to me like you need to get ejeekated on blowers first. No offense.

I've never ran boost in an old car this is what forums are for to get educated. So plz educate why do I need race gas can I just run e85? And I want alot of boost t build formthe future . And a boosted car is alot easier to drive, rather then a big cammed high compression motor.

The fuel system I have is 3/8th pick up and holley aero motive boost regulator return line back to tank. I can't just run meth or water injection if e85 won't work. Andy tips I would love to hear.

Head gaskets are a concern for SB Mopars running boost.
I'd put full groove main bearings for a full time oil supply to the rod bearings.
The added cylinder pressure tends to beat up the rod bearings.

Yeah you can run E85. Since you made no mention of it until now, We were assuming gas. You need the correct carburetor E85. Or will this be injected? See, it's threads like this I hate. We keep having to pull info like teeth. I got no problem with helping, but how bout layin it ALL out there first?

I ran 12psi on 91 octane in a 302 with a small lunati cam...never pinged once. It's not specifically the amount of boost that requires race gas...it's the dynamics of the engine that require it. That being said, yes, E85 is a good alternative, as it's relative octane rating is closer to 100 or better. Rob is correct, you'll need E85 specific parts from the tank to the carb or injectors. Also in your favor, 318s are low static CR...

D1SC is an awesome head unit-if you can afford the space, make sure to use a good intercooler and correct bypass valve, and possibly even a pre-wastegate. D1s move a BUNCH of air, and if you don't bypass it before the intercooler, it heats up the discharge and can cause the compressor to surge. Supercharger store should be able to help you out greatly.

I would personally keep the boost down around 12 for bone stock internals to maintain a little longevity...

Keeping any kind of manifold will obviously restrict it compared to a good header...

EDIT: if you decide to run E85, you'll need a pump that pushes about 15% more fuel (compared to E10 gas mix) due to the richer mixture requirements

Well I'm gonna keep the carb and pc carb in socal is gonna make all the adjustments to run e85.ill take in consideration about 15 more percent fuel for e85

Make sure your ignition system is solid and up to the task...close up the plug gap to about .028-.032"...higher boost levels can blow out the spark just like with heavy nitrous...and drop a heat range.

Consider the application and then consider these guidelines from BDS. Take 'em for what they're worth - then, play it safe or deal with detonation.

Attachments

• BDSComp.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 304
Thanks guy ur the best. It will be a few months n the making but I wanted t have a direction and know some stuff now I'm ready to boost the duster it's gonna be fun

-
Back