Superformance gaskets

-
Course slowfab here has a twin turbo E body so we will have to race at firebird raceway and see for fun.

Hello has anyone ran these? I went to finally get the coolant system filled on my build, small block Ritter(59 degree, 9.6" deck), 428 stroker, Eddie mag heads and super victor intake. And the driver side gasket is dripping coolant. The intake is down good and tight. Its a double thick intake gaskets glued together by superformance( not bashing at all great company and great customer service). But have any of you ran into this with these gaskets? Do they seal once the engine is started and they get some heat? Crappy pic but its tight in my bay area.

View attachment 1715598464
I hate to say it, but I think it will get worse once it warms up.
If I recall from your build thread, you made front and rear end seal gaskets for this setup. I am worried those gaskets are holding the intake up a touch too high, as someone else mentioned, not allowing sufficient clamping force on the Superformance intake gaskets.

I hate to say it, but I think it will get worse once it warms up.
If I recall from your build thread, you made front and rear end seal gaskets for this setup. I am worried those gaskets are holding the intake up a touch too high, as someone else mentioned, not allowing sufficient clamping force on the Superformance intake gaskets.

I did make some but actually ended up not using them and just used silicone, think at that time the intake was hung up on something, but went to put it on again and it sat lower where it needed to be. but good call and remembering.

In that case, hopefully it's not the intake at all, but something way easier, like a fitting on the exterior of the engine.

The intake sat flush on the double thick intake gaskets due to needing that thick, guessing its from the 9.6" deck. All fittings were tight, saw a trail from the drivers rear bolt to the valley where the coolant had travelled. The heads that the engine came off of didn't have problems, and the victor ran on maddarts cast iron heads no problem so I'm not sure what's really going on.

I'm thinking its the threads not being sealed going into the coolant passages and just seeped out, maybe more so from changing from a magnum intake bolt pattern to a LA pattern angle

20181207_105541.jpg

-
Back