Supply issues woes

-

RockinRobin

Reaction score
My gen3 hemi racing motor is undergoing a rebuild. We had to bore it out .030 over. Have to have custom pistons to get the 13:1 compression we use. They were ordered the 1st week of December......
and we wait....
I generally race 2 or 3 times a month.
Due to other complications I haven't been behind the wheel since last May.
I'm going into withdrawls!

I waited 4 months for 13-1 4.080 4" stroke pistons from Ross they came last week. Still waiting on aluminum rods. My son has engines here that are waiting for parts for over a 6 months . What is worse is when they come and there wrong. I have much stronger words then supply issue woes. Lets Go Brandon

I was lucking, no delays for me changing from 727 to 904. However funny you should mention aluminum rods. Have a friend waiting on a set also. Another waited 8-9 months for a eagle crank.

I feel your pain 100%

- 6 months for Trick Flow Heads
- 7 months for Trick Flow intake
- 5 months for Ross pistons
- 3 months for Bullet cam
- 4 months for Ohio Crankshaft rotating assembly - and add another 3 weeks because they screwed up grinding a journal
- 6 months for CRT transmission
- 4 months for PTC converter (still waiting), which had to be sent back because they sent me a 9.5" rather than the 8" I ordered

It has been an absolute shitshow for the last 2 years.

Let's go Brandon!!! :mob:

Been waiting 2 months for a set of TTI headers, allegedly I'll have them the middle of April.

I'm sure the price of diesel is part of supply chain woes.

Seems lots more comes out if China than we are told.

Yes, but it's also tons of states and counties that screwed over manufacturers with virtue signaling closure requirements while exempting their pet donors.

USA sourced stuff has been near impossible for the last two years because of it. I know of dozens of shops that had to cut staff in half and then spread the hours across 3 shifts just to satisfy distancing requirements - the ones that don't apply when dinner costs more than $400 a plate.. Stuff like that makes it tough to keep up production, then we've seen demand skyrocket along with it. Mostly pull ahead because dealers and retailers were scared of possible delays, but the order volumes in many cases overwhelmed staff who then opted to just stay home or sell off grandma's condo and take the next couple years off..

Hobby parts for Chrysler cars have always been the lowest priority, so with all the above in mind it's no surprise most of our stuff is on permanent back order.

Yes, but it's also tons of states and counties that screwed over manufacturers with virtue signaling closure requirements while exempting their pet donors.

USA sourced stuff has been near impossible for the last two years because of it. I know of dozens of shops that had to cut staff in half and then spread the hours across 3 shifts just to satisfy distancing requirements - the ones that don't apply when dinner costs more than $400 a plate.. Stuff like that makes it tough to keep up production, then we've seen demand skyrocket along with it. Mostly pull ahead because dealers and retailers were scared of possible delays, but the order volumes in many cases overwhelmed staff who then opted to just stay home or sell off grandma's condo and take the next couple years off..

Hobby parts for Chrysler cars have always been the lowest priority, so with all the above in mind it's no surprise most of our stuff is on permanent back order.
Still waiting for my Prestolite Dual point Distributor cap, 7 months and still on hold. Bought for the color (tan) and thought it was from Prestolite. Now they (a National supplier for Mopar items) tell me it is a repo part. Already paid top dollar for this. Will send back if it is not tan, if I ever receive it. DON"T ADDVERTISE SOMETHING FOR SALE, IF YOU DON"T HAVE IT TO SALE!!!! Anyone want to buy a 100 carat diamond?

Looks like I picked the perfect time to build a gen3 Hemi. lol

Got one good test-n-tune left on my Mickey T ET Street S/S 255/60-15’s and then its street tires and f’ing around on the street until my back ordered with projected pie in the sky late April delivery date M/T replacements show up. This Supply chain nonsense is all part of a hatched plan, just more “conditioning”

That would be like trying to pacify a crack habit with gummy bears.
Huh? Motorcycles? Come on man! I gather you’ve never done a track day at a road course on a high powered sport bike? Or are you talking about putt putting around dressed like a pirate on a gaudy land barge Harley??:lol:

Huh? Motorcycles? Come on man! I gather you’ve never done a track day at a road course on a high powered sport bike? Or are you talking about putt putting around dressed like a pirate on a gaudy land barge Harley??:lol:
No you're right, I road MX for years, had some very badass street bikes and helped with security in a biker bar so I've been around really nice bikes most of my life. But after losing three friends and having one lose a leg in a little over 2 years I kind of moved away from the whole bike thing. I often think about getting another one but my wife's dad was also killed on a motorcycle when she was about 7. I don't think she'd ever be real comfortable seeing me ride away. That being said nothing ever moved me like a snorting V8 and The beautiful Body lines of a classic muscle car it's always been number one for me and second is quite a ways back.

No you're right, I road MX for years, had some very badass street bikes and helped with security in a biker bar so I've been around really nice bikes most of my life. But after losing three friends and having one lose a leg in a little over 2 years I kind of moved away from the whole bike thing. I often think about getting another one but my wife's dad was also killed on a motorcycle when she was about 7. I don't think she'd ever be real comfortable seeing me ride away. That being said nothing ever moved me like a snorting V8 and The beautiful Body lines of a classic muscle car it's always been number one for me and second is quite a ways back.
Wow, I’d be thinking/doing the same after that much, I’ve still got two bikes (sport and a vintage) but barely ride much mostly due to having my van take up my time, but at the same time I also have a CDL and just can’t be out riding like I used to where we rode in groups tearing up the twisties. And with most drivers not paying attention it’s gotten to be too dangerous, obviously.

Still waiting for my Prestolite Dual point Distributor cap, 7 months and still on hold. Bought for the color (tan) and thought it was from Prestolite. Now they (a National supplier for Mopar items) tell me it is a repo part. Already paid top dollar for this. Will send back if it is not tan, if I ever receive it. DON"T ADDVERTISE SOMETHING FOR SALE, IF YOU DON"T HAVE IT TO SALE!!!! Anyone want to buy a 100 carat diamond?
You ever need one I have them also have some black "MADE IN USA" ones out of the tan ones right now just sold them but have the plain ones in tan if needed. Shoot me a PM

Last edited:
You ever need one I have them also have some black "MADE IN USA" ones out of the tan ones right now just sold them but have the plain ones in tan if needed. Shoot me a PM
Thanks halifaxhops, I finally receive the cap. after 7 months. Installed yesterday, started right up but the duel is a little low (35) so today I will go back into the dist. and close the gap on one set of points a little. Not sure which one is off, but I will close each one off and test. THE GOOD OLE DAYS!!!!

Almost 5 full months now and still no pistons from Ross.
:wtf::BangHead:

Man that’s crazy. It’s almost to the point where once you get the parts for your build you have to order stuff for your next build. What type of piston are you waiting for.

I’m in the industrial supply industry. Things seem to be improving fairly quickly from last year but it’s still very fragile. If another war fires up or a government issues more restrictions then it’s going to go back to 2020. I’ve heard every excuse under the sun the last two years. Ports closed, ports understaffed, borders closed, driver shortage, Texas freeze, plant shut downs. A lot of our steel comes from China and the stuff that doesn’t comes from two big companies in the US. The US boys know when China is struggling so they play games with supply and pricing. Announce increases then put customers on allocation for two months before the increase hit. It chokes supply until they can open the flood gates at the higher price. Its all a big game and everyone is enjoying it besides the end user. During Covid and then “supply chain issues” the steel boys are making record breaking sales. Throw 8.5% inflation on it and it’s easy to see this ride ain’t going to last long.

-
Back