Sure a lot of hate on for FABO on Moparts

-
I don't think it's the website they hate it's the trojans or attacks they are getting. I have personally got 2 in the last month, but I can't be absolutely sure they came from here.

I do log in here and Moparts daily, so it could be one or the other. It's a real pain to stop the threats that I received but did manage to.

One thing to do I have discovered is to run Firefox and in the settings make sure to uncheck remote help. That way there are no permissions allowed.

Thats ok, Theres a ton of guys here that hate Moparts. Thanks for sticking up for us though.

I like how they have all ignored that a few have gotten the same virus on Moparts. Im willing to bet if a thread about a virus on Moparts was ever post there they would delete it right away.

Also, from what I read Tom on Moparts said the virus's come from the google adds. Likely anyone having an issue already has the virus on there computer and a certain google add triggers it to go off.

Adam I think that I will bow out of that thread though. I just can't argue with stupidity as much as I could in my "younger years" :D

it comes from google my kid did it.....never had any problem here till my kid used the computer

I like the, "I signed up over there and got a virus", when they can't really make a definitive judgment about where it really came from. Just the last place they went, so that MUST be it.

I was surfing **** all day and when I went to fabo I got a virus. Its picking up hookers every weekend then blaming your wife for the vd.

What is this virus that you all speak of, what does it do? I got this brand new 4 core 2GB Win7 Ultimate PC and its slower than my last 1.7Ghz single core XP box!

Who cares about moparts anyways? Place is full of A#$holes..

Not trying to piss off anybody here, but this site does have issues with a Java exploit virus. It comes from the IP address 67.228.238.210. It happens only when I come here. I'm an IT Technician and I am meticulous about keeping my anti-virus software up to date. I ended up blocking that IP in my router at home and in our web filter appliance here at work. I'm pretty sure it's from one of the ads.

I informed Joey about this a while back via PM. I don't know if there is anything he can do about it.

Can you educate us on the Java exploit virus ? how can user block it ?

never had a virus problem here, but i don't open ads either.
as for moparts, i check it once in awhile but usually leave without any information i can use.

Can you educate us on the Java exploit virus ? how can user block it ?

Here's some info from Symantec:

http://www.symantec.com/business/security_response/attacksignatures/detail.jsp?asid=24089

To the best of my knowledge, it looks for a Java vulnerability and if it finds it, it launches a program which then checks your Adobe Acrobat version. If Acrobat has a vulnerability, it launches Acrobat and tries to run a program that downloads malware onto your machine.

The best way to block it in my opinion is to make sure you have up to date Internet Security Software, not just anti-virus. I'm running Norton Internet Security 2011. The free anti-virus programs are worth what you pay for them , IMO.

Also, you can block the IP I gave above in your router. Hope this helps.

My friend will not log on to FABO. His work PC has crashed twice when coming here. I have had zero problems.

I frequent both site's... I can say recently every time I open THIS site my AVAST alerts to a malware alarm and blocks it.

I don't have to open anything... as soon as the home page opens my alarm goes off.

I visit on my work computer now

MOPARTS whats that

i think i heard of it one time or another isint that a online group class for guys with overly swollen heads and egos ??

never had a problem here at all

-
Back