Sure grips

-

ibleedmoparts

Reaction score
i have 3:21 's in my dart but no sure grip. Who is a worthy vendor to purchase one...i need more bang for my buck
Thanks to rumblefish360 for reminding me to start the thread...my memory isnt waht it used to be..LOL

Look for a used one. By the time you get a posi unit and get it installed you're talking probably $500. You should probably be able to come up with a 3.23 posi chunk for $300. Then you can off your old one.

don

moparlee said:
Try DoctorDiff.

Lee
Hey Lee. Is that a dot/com address?
D-Don, In a pervious talk with ibleed... He did ask me a couple of questions I couldn't remember the answers to. I also forget what rear he has.

One of the questions was;

Are there not two type of rears as in cone and clutch out there? I know theres also a 3rd and 4the type, 1 being a spool and locker right?
Which one has the best bang for the buck? We are talking pure street here.
This may be rear end dependent. I'm not to up on it myself on what is out there for what rear.

The other is who has them at a good price? I have not shopped around for one. I mostly end up at my MoPar dealer that treats me well. But I do have a link to one place.
http://www.ringpinion.com/

Rumble, for a strictly street machine, there are really just the two "viable" options, the clutch or cone type. The clutch type is easily rebuildable but the cone type isn't, although some folks have removed the cones, milled .060 off the face, then re-installed the cone with a shim on the other end to re-seat the cone face back properly against the side of the case, thus getting their "sure-grip" back again.
I don't think either the spool or the locker belong on the street, so not really an option.

Thanks Old V. Thats what I thought. Now when I bleed gets back, he can tell us what size rear he has and then we can go from there.

guess i shoulda said the rear first...8 1/4...a new light has come into my life as far as drivetrain though...5.7 hemi, popular hot rodding did some cam changes on a crate hemi and got as high as 491hp and 417ft lb of torque...so away i go on that with a carb setup...but as far as a rear goes i need something reliable and bulletproof...its not a race car but if im not havin fun something isnt right :headbang:

-
Back