Survivor 1972 Dodge D100 found.....

-
Thanks for the compliments on the truck. I did get lucky stumbling onto this one. It's complete right down to all the trim being in place. I have a friend that has some old Cragar S/S wheels in his barn that I'm hopeing will fit on the truck eventualy. I want to get the truck all washed and waxed first though. Of course pictures will be posted when I get the wheels.

i have a 73 like yours,318 auto,bought it in 95 for 700.00,have used the crap out of it since,not show but a worker for sure

A good friend of mine that has a ranch close by had these old Cragar S/S rims in his barn. I didn't get them for the Dart because the rear rims would have been to wide for clearance and because he was wanting to put them on an older van he had. But as luck would have it, he didn't use them and now the width is not an issue for the D100. They are 14X6 and 14X8 which suprised me when I pulled them from the barn because I was under the impression they were 15 inch. The date reads March 1987, so they are in pretty good shape for 23 years old. I hope they clean and polish up well. I'm thinking Mickey Thompson Indy Profiles all the way around.

000_1443.jpg

000_1444.jpg

Fricken awesome truck! I remember the Dart and the work you and your sone did. Im sure the truck is in good hands!

Well after washing up the Cragars from the barn, I first polished the with Meguirs Metal Polish and then used Kit's Scratch-Out polish and recieved pretty decent results. The 14X6's were the roughest with more rust and corrosion but over all I am happy with the results. I believe they will look good on the D100. I'm thinking about putting L60-14 Mickey Thompson Indy Profiles on the rear and F70-14's on the front for a period correct look, plus they are the largest 14inch rear tires I can find that will fit the 14X8 rims and will fill the rear wheel wells the best.
Does anyone know of other 14 inch rear tires that might be better suited?

000_1461.jpg

Today I ran out to my storage unit and tried the Cragar's on the truck to ensure they would fit over the studs and brakes. They did but I'm still not certain I want to use them for the truck and may save them for a future car. I'm debateing useing Chrome Smoothies with BFG's all the way around which I think would give a smoother look and better ride.
I also picked up "Triple Chrome Plated Bubble Half-Shields" for the headlights through J.C.Whitney and Stainless Ventshade deflectors for the side windows through SVCustoms. I had these on my 1980 D100 I had back in 1999 and wanted them again.

000_1508.jpg

000_1509.jpg

000_1510.jpg

000_1511.jpg

000_1512.jpg

I would run them on the truck... I mean.. afterall... your going to have to storage them somwhere if you wait to use them on another car in the future... right ?

-RPM

Button. I love Cragars ON A CAR. But the wheels look small on the truck. I know tires on them may give a different look but to small for me. But then I have 20 on my Ram and 16.5 on the powerwagon. Just my .02.

Hey Button,
Nice find. Your son's car looks great too! I love those old /6 trucks.

John D. Beckerley
Austin, Texas

Fishthatkills,
You can go to the following link; http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=44709
and you can see how my sons 74 Swinger has progressed. We hope to get to some car shows with it soon even though it is a "work in progress". If I ever won the lottery I'd tub the truck and put a monster motor in it. The Swinger will be my sons to do as he wishes some day when he's older. He already talks about a "Hemi" in it, haha. Thanks for the kind words on his car BTW.

great truck, 14" rims are too small for that truck, it will make it look like a lifted truck on stock wheels, save the rims for another car or next time your in ohio you can drop them off at my house and I'll put them on my scamp:cheers:

This weekend I plan to bring the D100 home to the house from storage for the first time. I'm sure the neighbors will be thrilled to see pickup #4 out front along with the Dart, haha. I want to wash and wax her up and then start installing the parts I've collected thus far. I have a seat cover for the bench seat or I may try installing a nice bench from a 4-door Dart I have. I'm going to add stainless window visors for the doors, stainless headlight brows, chrome rear bumper, and my new pesonalized plates for her which are "Classic Truck" tags that spell out "BUTTON". I also want to remove the ugly white bed box.
Just like the Dart, a lot of elbow grease will go a long way with this truck. I 'm thinking of souping up the straight-6 and adding Mickey Thompson Sportsman 29 X 12.50-15LT to the rear eventually and some skinny's up front. Pro-Street look with a straight-six, crazy huh?!?!?!
Does anyone know of a good/cheap way to lower the stance of this truck? I dont want to slam it, but just want it slightly lower and raked.

heres a 78,SL6 3spd,no power nothin,solid GA body,were working on it,he paid 1200 for it and was happy

SSCN0314.JPG

SSCN0315.JPG

MVR Corp,
Thanks for the site tip, I will check it very shortly. What does MVR stand for?

I have a 67 P/U, 383 not quite done restoring. Mountain View Restoration, Inc.

Jim

I should be bringing the 72 home Saturday,(tomorrow) and will start work cleaning, polishing, and replaceing parts over Fathers Day, a gift to myself!, haha.

I spent fathers day weekend bringing the D100 home from storage to start it's clean-up. These are "before" pictures. The Heineken beer bottle labels that have adhered themselves to the paint did not polish off, but I think I leave them as they are along with the two markings on the tailgate that appear to be from old bumpers stickers.

000_1596.jpg

000_1597.jpg

000_1598.jpg

000_1599.jpg

000_1600.jpg

000_1601.jpg

000_1602.jpg

This set of pictures shows how a day of polishing the drivers side turned out. I also pulled each wheel and polished out the center caps, lug nuts, and the wheels themselves. Front bumper cleaned up nicely and I placed it's new Classic Truck tags in place. Also removed that ugly white bed box. I have a diamond-plate that will go in it's place. Only hick-up today was that I found the rear bumper isn't just bolted on, but is also tack-welded in place with one small, 1-inch weld on each bracket. So I guess next weekend will be working on removing the rear bumper and placing on the new one thats sitting on the back porch right now. I pulled it from a truck in the local pick-and-pull a few weeks back. I also have a new seat cover, used Grant steering wheel, stainless window visors, and stainless headlight "brows" to install.
She cleans up pretty good for a $1400 dollar truck huh?!?!

000_1603.jpg

000_1604.jpg

000_1605.jpg

000_1606.jpg

000_1607.jpg

100_9465.jpg

Very, very nice. You got a steal. I just got done replacing the rocker panels under the doors on mine with re-pops. Nice quality. Let me know if you need a set.

Jim

cool truck I got a 75 d100 surviver in twain harte for 300.00 318 727 3.55 limited slip 3rd owner also mines tan in color see my pics. its a daily driver now.

bad440,
My daily driver is the 97 Ram 1500 4X4 in the driveway behind our 74 Dart SWinger father/son project. Eight inches of lift and 37in Swamper SSR's, always gets lots of looks and fun to drive, (except by gas stations).

Truck and Dart.jpg

-
Back