Survivor 1972 Dodge D100 found.....

-
Sireland67,
Can you remember the rim size/offset and the tire sizes on your 71? Also did you change the suspension at all or is that stock? I really like that stance of your old 71. A PM sent as well in case you dont see this.

Do to some unfortunate circumstances, (son spun a bearing in his truck) I may very well be forced to sell "Butterscotch" in order to help with finances. Would love to see it go to a MOPAR fan that would take care of her as I have. What does everyone think a good asking price would be considering everything they have seen in this thread? Only thing not going with it is the bed box and chrome headlight brows.

Bought a D100 myself a couple weeks ago. /6, 3 on the tree but it was in such good shape and so cheap that I had to jump on it.

Picture285.jpg

Picture281.jpg

Well I've had the 72 up on Craigslist for a couple weeks now and have had varied interest that I thought would pan out but none did. But now I have a guy about 60 miles away that contacted me about trading his 83 Ramcharger seen here, for the 72. Seems he drives 60 miles a day and 200+ on weekends and the Ramcharger is killing him gas wise. Well any old V8 would drink gas but here's the kicker, it not a 318, 360, or 400 as many older Ramchargers had, but a 440! He tells me the old 318 gave up on him so he pulled a 440/727 trans out of an older motorhome that only had 47,000 miles on it. He added a mild B&M shift kit to the auto, Hedman Headers, 2.5 inch exhaust running back to Flowmasters that dump just before the rear axle. He does say it needs a better carb, as the Rochester on it isnt very smooth, (any ideas what carb would work best that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?).
The paint job is 3 months old and was applied by a buddy that runs a body shop and was changing out his paint processing equipment. He dumped all his paints, pigments, and whatever else together and came up with this blue hue.
The brush guard actually has a flip down tow bar as well, (not attached in this picture). Interior is all original and very intact. The body, (I've seen pictures from all angles and before it was painted) looks rust free and very straight.
He had it on Craigslist as well and was wanting $3000. I'm thinking an even trade and he is supposed to come by this weekend and see if we can make a deal. We are both MOPAR fans and glad our rides are going to MOPAR owners.
I'm thinking Chrome Smoothie wheels, 15X10 on the rear with 295/60-15 Hoosier Quick Time Drag's and up front 15X6 Chrome Smoothies with 245/60-15's. Replace the rear black bumper with a chrome smooth one, (not a step bumper) and remove the front brush guard. Just a simple, smooth looking, mean sounding cruiseing Ramcharger for the street. It would look good in the driveway beside my lifted 97 Ram dont ya think?! haha.
BTW, the wife and boys got me a nice chrome differential cover for my 97 that will sure dress it up even more. Will get it on this spring.

Attachments

• 83 Ramcharger.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 673
  • 97 with bike rear.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 664
Looks nice dude! A cheap carb for a 440 that'd work good would be a TQ for sure. It'd also net you MPG cuz its vac sec and it only injects as much fuel as it needs. 8)

the good part...you have a knack for fixing and making them
look better than when you gott'em

Good luck with your trade Jeff. Hope it works out. Nice RamCharger.

-
Back