Susie R/T

-
since i got the green light only this last weekend to start on her i was excited last night and in my insomniac rage went out in the cold at 3 a.m. and crawled under the car to see if it is a 727 or 904 .....since the cooling lines are a big problem that i have to address to get her into running and driving status ....

unfortuneately ...its a 904 ....its only unfortunate bcoz for a 4 speed swap to occour i will have a driveshaft problem.

personally i see the cut cooling lines as a perfect excuse to use a 4 speed i have on the shelf ....i mean cut cooling lines !!!!! those are nearly impossible to fix or replace ***wink wink**

let me know if want to sell that 904.........u could bring it to the meet and greet coming up..........
higgs

let me know if want to sell that 904.........u could bring it to the meet and greet coming up..........
higgs

well i was most likely not going to make it to the event on April 21. only bcoz you guys picked finals week before graduation.....but i do go to Denver now and then and i would part with the 904 ....i have other ones too and i have a good running slanty 904 as well....i even have a few 727s Small and big block. i would love to do some trading......perhaps if you still have the 8 3/4 housings or ???

well i was most likely not going to make it to the event on April 21. only bcoz you guys picked finals week before graduation.....but i do go to Denver now and then and i would part with the 904 ....i have other ones too and i have a good running slanty 904 as well....i even have a few 727s Small and big block. i would love to do some trading......perhaps if you still have the 8 3/4 housings or ???

sorry about finals week, drag.......there will be another meet.....

sure, i still have that 8 3/4, it's a b body housing, it doesn't have any spring perches on it though........ yep, we could do some trading.....
higgs

nice to see to see old rides brought back to life. here in michigan well it seems that 6 mouths out of the year we do not see any thing then they come out enjoy the summer and then back in to storage for the winter

How's things going on Suzy??

there has not been much going on ...too much homework.

the other problem is that suzy is outside and lately we been having some mega dust storms here with gusty winds.

the next step is i need to take the seats out and gut the carpet.

the carpet is trash and there are dead mice in there ....so im not going to clean it out in the wind ....thats nasty....bad enough i feel like i need a shower everytime i sit in this car.

i cant decide if im going to re-do the front bench or trash it and put buckets in....i have seen a number of wagons with bucket seats and it looks good if done right.......but on the other hand the bench looks good with a 4 speed shifter.

once i gut the carpet out and take a look at the floors i will be able to make a better plan of action of what to do next. the engine swap is on hold till i have more time which is coming soon .......but the problem is that with it not running i cant push into the shop by myself so i need arrange help when im ready.......its never just that easy

I vote for 4 spd bench (JMO). Its the new cool. Specially with a Wagon.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqRHJDYE-9FFSE)4BP42(,6kJ!~~48_20.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 513
whooohoooo what a good day saturday here.

i got the title in hand for this car finally ...so the title problems i was fearing might happen are no problem...i had a good idea that the title was a go but it took longer than i thought ....my cousin was handleing it and it finally showed up. :toothy9:

now that i have the title in hand and the paperwork to put it in my name i am going to continue now.

i was on the bubble for trading this car for a duster i even talked to a few FABO members about it......one member had a green 70 duster that would have worked but he is too far away to make it work.

another member offered a 72 duster for it but i passed ...sorry bout that, not what i was looking for in its condition

and a couple others offered to buy it outright......again so sorry but i was hopeing to work on trade only.

so in the mean time i am going to just stick to it and get this big girl running.....no one likes a lazy a girl and a non-running car is no different.

but now she has to share stageing lanes though the shop with her sister (the 68 dart) re-paint in progress.

I vote for 4 spd bench (JMO). Its the new cool. Specially with a Wagon.

i like it .....it would be a lot cheaper to run what you brung .....buckets are spendy these days and the bench is already in hand and ready to go .

Yepp, Im on board with the bench/stick idea. But I'm biased... Lol

Progress report, Miss Rani! What's been going on? Hope you at least got the carpet out. :puker:

starting the engine yank.......I decided to remove the 318/904 and replace with a good running 440/727.

the 727 will be temporary .....I don't have the cash to finish the four speed setup right now ....I am missing the clutch pedals and flywheel.

but I bought some new cooling lines for now ....basically $40. is getting the car functional with a 440 ....that's why im sticking with the 727 for now.

I have a place for the 318 in another car......so it wont go to waste....good runner :D

while I was gone on vacation, Suzy made forward progress.

My cousin decided to clean out the mouse infested interior for me, since he didn't want me messing with that.

I am surprised but now i know why he had been putting this off.

he says the interior was wall to wall mouse droppings and found remnants of six dead mice. the carpet was completely destroyed.

unfortunately the front seat was also a goner......in the fold where the bottom meets the seat back were the nests and most likely more dead mice in there. it was so bad that he threw the front seat away. i have pics and i can agree with his decision ....simply a health risk and completely gross.

without the front seat i am kinda forced to go bucket seats now.....i was on the bubble since buckets were a factory option on this car anyway LOL

the way the back seat bolts in....pretty much saved it. since its fold down there was no where for mice to make a nest in it.

the floors have more rust than i was expecting but still not bad ....the rust did not go through ....mainly surface crust from a leaky heater core (im guessing)

Attachments

• 68_Dodge_Station_wagons0009.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 332
  • CIMG3007.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 346
  • CIMG3006.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 363
  • CIMG3005.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 339
  • CIMG3004.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 346
  • CIMG2955.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 346
  • CIMG2954.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 358
  • CIMG2953.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 365
  • CIMG2951.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 357
while i was gone my cousin also took the 318.....he had wanted it for another car so i am glad he took it off my hands.

he dropped the 440 in the car but didn't hook anything up .....just dropped it in. i have to pull the 440 again and clean it up and process it but at least now i don't have to mess the 318....just a simple remove and re-install now.

now the car is living up to the R/T emblem on the grille with a 440 in there LOL

Attachments

• CIMG2956.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 347
  • CIMG2960.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 357
The floors don't look to bad. Windshield wiper shafts most likely leak. You have a good cousin to clean all the droppings and dead mice. You have to be careful when you handle that stuff as it will make you sick. Like the way its going and keep the updates.

Looking good! Do the old spray n check method to check the windshield gasket and the wiper pivot seals or whatever they are called to see if that's where the water is getting in

Wow, what nice Colorado floors! I had to smile when I saw that little non-power brake master cylinder sitting there.....the good ol' days where that would be standard in a B body wagon. Wow!

Maybe you can de-rust them floors and Por-15 them....glad to see you're back, Miss Rani. and attacking the wagon!

Wow, what nice Colorado floors! I had to smile when I saw that little non-power brake master cylinder sitting there.....the good ol' days where that would be standard in a B body wagon. Wow!

it has power steering but i still say who needs power steering or power brakes ....if you cant drive a car with manual everything then it might be time for a Gym membership.

these new cars are made so easy that a well trained ape can drive them .....i would like to think that im still a notch higher in evolution than an ape so i can drive a car with manual everything .....can you?

BWAHAHAHAHA

the mistake i see people driving old cars is that they drive it like a new car and that is going to be trouble.....when driving an old car then you need to treat and love it and talk to it like an old car and it will be good to you.

you know that i have to admit that when i first had this car land on me.....i didn't like the grille ....i had the idea that i would change the grille to a 1969 Coronet grille .....but i have to say now, that the more i am around this car the more i like it the way it is.

is true love possible with a car?? :love7: i like this car

i also had the idea to 2 door convert it.....but i can say now that the back doors are not going anywhere ....i like it just the way it is

i'd do black with red stripe...i'm in the middle of a 69 500 2 door that's going black/red stripe.....

nice wagon!the grille looks 1000 times better without the 500 in tha middle.i did the same on my 69.

i'd do black with red stripe...i'm in the middle of a 69 500 2 door that's going black/red stripe.....

nice wagon!the grille looks 1000 times better without the 500 in tha middle.i did the same on my 69.

the way they made the 500 grille emblem is too much and looks horrible .....I would think they would have used the same emblem as the 69 charger 500 with the little cursive 500 in around the same location as I have the r/t emblem placed.

I really just wanted a car with R/T emblems and if they can put R/T emblems on new caravans and durangos then why not a car that is real classic American iron from Detroit LOL :D

the way they made the 500 grille emblem is too much and looks horrible .....I would think they would have used the same emblem as the 69 charger 500 with the little cursive 500 in around the same location as I have the r/t emblem placed.

I really just wanted a car with R/T emblems and if they can put R/T emblems on new caravans and durangos then why not a car that is real classic American iron from Detroit LOL :D

me too...i'm putting r/t emblems and red r/t stripe.i thin it'll bee cool!

-
Back