Swap meet Tuff wheel score!

-

BrianT

Here we go again...
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I went to an all brands swap meet this am and walked for about 5 hours! I did manage to pick up this tuff wheel and cap for $20. I was told it came out of a Cordoba or Magnum, but am hoping I can make it fit on my Dart. The vinyl is soft and pliable, no cracks or tears. The spokes have minimal pitting and discoloration.

IMG_5351Medium.jpg

I plan to dye the vinyl black and buy a used can and horn assembly. Anyone ever heard of using this wheel on an A body before?!?

I was at the Stafford Swap today... Dan Straczinski(sp?) got an E body rim blow for $10... Has a burnt swith and was wrapped in cheap covers (2) and painted black... But the wood grain is almost perfect. No cracks, nothing...

Dan Straczinski(sp?) got an E body rim blow for $10... Has a burnt swith and was wrapped in cheap covers (2) and painted black... But the wood grain is almost perfect. No cracks, nothing...

That's why you have to dig through everything at those swap meets!!! There were only about 3 guys with Mopar parts at this meet, and I found this wheel in a pile of others marked $25. Offered him $20 and he took it. I walked away quickly before someone could inform him what he had just sold...

I'm going to clean it today and get a can of black vinyl dye. I'll post more pics later.

-
Back