Swap mounts

-

sbmopar318

Reaction score
1970 A body factory small block K member. Looking for mounts for gen iii 6.2 swap. Anyone have any experience??

F032D032-A300-4FA1-A7DE-95B1B7B5ADB4.jpeg

9BAEC0F5-94C0-47D9-83BC-2CC6F784FFAA.jpeg

Get a custom k-member with coil overs and a rack&pinion . You'll have the extra room and the handling. For a good suspension with no install issues I would contact. HDK HemiDenny on this site. By far the best fitting with no issues from every one that bought from him.

I bought an AJE in a project car thinking I was getting a good deal. It was a disaster getting the components to make it work. Most of the parts we had to modify. spindles didn't fit the uppers plus other issues. We have a fab shop so we were able to do the corrections . If you don't have the equipment to correct things beware and do your homework

My friend just bought a popular suspension. I won't say from who but nothing fit smooth and any QQuestions or help from AA person they didn't have one one answer. He just came here to have the mounts modified to fit after the second set. Some of the mount holes were 3/8 when they should have been 7/16. They told him just use the smaller bolts they'll fit the block . Make sure there are tight They said.

TTI or Holley offer swap mounts for factory K member. The Holley moves the engine ahead one or two inches. Would work good for that Hellcat blower. They both offer the headers to fit as well. I like TTI better than Holley on that. TTI offers full length two inch primary that will still fit your factory K and torsion bars. Will need to relocate oil filter no matter who or what you use for mounts. I've done A body gen 3 swaps. Feel free to ask any questions.

TTI or Holley offer swap mounts for factory K member. The Holley moves the engine ahead one or two inches. Would work good for that Hellcat blower. They both offer the headers to fit as well. I like TTI better than Holley on that. TTI offers full length two inch primary that will still fit your factory K and torsion bars. Will need to relocate oil filter no matter who or what you use for mounts. I've done A body gen 3 swaps. Feel free to ask any questions.

Holley only offers mounts for the 73+ spool mount k-frame. But the TTI mounts should work.

USCT offers a new setup that looks to be pretty customizable in regards to engine location. That would help with the interference between the firewall and the intercooler manifold.

Not sure if the Schumacher mounts ever returned to the market, but might be another source of mounts as well.

Did USCT buy Schumacher? Thought I read or heard that.....

Get a custom k-member with coil overs and a rack&pinion . You'll have the extra room and the handling. For a good suspension with no install issues I would contact. HDK HemiDenny on this site. By far the best fitting with no issues from every one that bought from him.

I bought an AJE in a project car thinking I was getting a good deal. It was a disaster getting the components to make it work. Most of the parts we had to modify. spindles didn't fit the uppers plus other issues. We have a fab shop so we were able to do the corrections . If you don't have the equipment to correct things beware and do your homework

My friend just bought a popular suspension. I won't say from who but nothing fit smooth and any QQuestions or help from AA person they didn't have one one answer. He just came here to have the mounts modified to fit after the second set. Some of the mount holes were 3/8 when they should have been 7/16. They told him just use the smaller bolts they'll fit the block . Make sure there are tight They said.
Not in the budget unfortunately or I certainly would

I was liking the TTI mounts aswell. Have the earls coolant crossover to help clearance. And plan to run the factory manifolds.

I was liking the TTI mounts aswell. Have the earls coolant crossover to help clearance. And plan to run the factory manifolds.
Sorry, negative on the factory manifolds. Set it in and try to put them on and it will become quite apparent. It's really too bad cuz factory manifolds are quite good.

On the Schumacher Engine Swaps site is a link at the bottom of the page that talks about the new owners.

With that much power, 67-72 sandwich style insulators would most likely come apart. Correction, they will come apart. You need the interlocking style insulators as a minimum because the new repros are not as good as the originals. Spool type are stronger and have the fail safe thru bolt.

Luckily I redid my suspension about 10 yrs ago using a 75-76 K member because I was originally going to go 451-4 speed using Schumacher mounts.

So I'm using TTI spool mounts and everything is going well so far with my 5.7 swap.

-
Back