Sway bar and upper control arm

-

Moparornocar51

Reaction score
Hi guys i ve some problems with my driver side upper control arm and the sway bar studs

at the left side the sway bar studs look like more straigth even on the driver side the stud touches the brake caliper and with the upper control arm the rubber dont sit in at all as u can see in the pics, any help how i can handle that?

You need to swap the spindles, and calipers, from side to side, and have them mounted, facing the rear.
That will clear your sway bar problem.

@hemi71x so u mean i mounted them wrong, i have to put the spindles and calipers from the right to the left and from the left to the right side, that they look at the rear?

Can you show me some pics please, how it is correct?

that would be great thx Peter

@hemi71x so u mean i mounted them wrong, i have to put the spindles and calipers from the right to the left and from the left to the right side, that they look at the rear?

Can you show me some pics please, how it is correct?

that would be great thx Peter

Yes, with you using a sway bar in the front, you have installed them improperly.
No, i don't have pictures.
You can figure out the rest easily, yourself.

"Improper" might be an LOL "improper" word. It is improper for the situation you have. Factory stock, this never came up

The 73/ later cars with disk brakes and sway bar had the type where the bar was up higher, going through the middle of the (inside the) K member

This shows what you would normally find from the factory, IE a late K with "internal" anti sway, and the attachment tabs near the TOP of the LCA

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?p=1969969774

The right hand side of this photo is the later style which would be factory disk brakes, your type is on the left

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/attachment.php?attachmentid=1714618540&stc=1&d=1368416039

Another view, 73 factory disk at top, your older style at bottom

The thing is, even many of us who are now running the later style K members and later anti-sway bars are running the calipers on the rear. Make sure you swap the calipers so that the bleeders are on top. You'll need longer hoses

There is another way if you want to try it. Use the shortest end links you can assemble and attach the sway bar below the link instead of above. The end of the link will be a bit close to the road but... this method does seem to work fine for others.

-
Back