Sway bar on a '67 Fish

-

Dead End Kid1

Reaction score
I'm in the process of rebuilding the front end on the '67. I want to put a front sway bar on it, but there are no factory tabs. I am just about to pull the LCA's and then realized I might be creating a bit of a head-ache for myself. As I will need to attach the tabs to the lower control arm should I hold off pulling the LCA's until I figure out where the tabs need to be located, or is there only one place/one way the tabs fit? Also, I have never been to Spring Fling, but will be attending next month. I'm assuming the vendors will be there in full force. Do they bring a lot of stock to sell, or is it more of just a venue for them to show off what they do? I'd love to save money on shipping, not to mention if they have any "show-specials".

If you already have the stock sway bar and those triangle shaped forward mounts that aren't broken, may as well add the tabs or buy arms with the tabs. If you dont have anything sway bar related today, forget those OEM parts and buy aftermarket from Addco, Helwig, etc..
The 73 up K-frame and sway bar are decent. What came with our pre 73 is not.

Hotchkiss will likely be there and might have the tabs. It's really a good idea to mount the bar and set the car on the ground to locate the tabs. It's probably less of an issue with the factory length end links, but if you run short ones it can put a bind on the link and actually shear the link.

I'm in the process of rebuilding the front end on the '67. I want to put a front sway bar on it, but there are no factory tabs. I am just about to pull the LCA's and then realized I might be creating a bit of a head-ache for myself. As I will need to attach the tabs to the lower control arm should I hold off pulling the LCA's until I figure out where the tabs need to be located, or is there only one place/one way the tabs fit? Also, I have never been to Spring Fling, but will be attending next month. I'm assuming the vendors will be there in full force. Do they bring a lot of stock to sell, or is it more of just a venue for them to show off what they do? I'd love to save money on shipping, not to mention if they have any "show-specials".

I'm pretty sure Hellwig and Hotchkis will be at Spring Fling again this year. You can contact them ahead and pick up at the show.

Suspension stuff it pretty large and tough to take a lot of inventory to the show. But they should have examples of each mopar product that you can inspect in person before you buy.

-
Back