Swinger 1969

-

jarkka

Reaction score
Hi!

Finally I have made some progress.

(This happened before http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=91783&highlight=swinger+finland)

My car was soda blasted last week.
It took really long time to get my turn in that soda blasting company, I ordered it at June and the first possible time was at October. Here in southern Finland is only 3 places I know that are doing full car body
cleaning. I am very happy for the result. All the painting is gone (4 layers).
Now I can see what body parts to replace.
So far my list includes rear quarter panels, both rocker panels, at least floor panel under driver.
Here is some pictures...

Attachments

• IMG_0401-20.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 1,595
  • IMG_0402-20.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 1,587
  • IMG_0403-20.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 1,574
  • IMG_0406-20.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 1,555
  • IMG_0420-20.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 1,554
  • IMG_0422-21.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 1,589
WOW!

Looks great...gets um real clean.

Just make sure you get all of the soda blown out.

Keep us posted with restoration pics.

Thank you for the comments! Doors were repaired by
a local professional. In the place where I have my car
is not allowed to do any welding and as you can see
from previous pictures (drivers side quarter panel) I am
not very skilled with welding and other sheet metal work.
But let the professionals do the work! Engine work will be mine..
The next move will be replacing quarter panels, drivers side door jamb pillar, rocker panels, floor, trunk floor.
I would like to see my car appearing quite stock outside
but with modern technology. That means replacing front suspension maybe with AlterKtion, rear suspension will be using Caltracs. As I would like go to the strip again the engine will be a big block. Maybe a stroker. Because my car will be on the streets also I have to do some compromises.
I would like to hear some recommendations where to
look for a wellworking fiberglass tilt frontend, my current
is a little worn out.

hard to believe those are the same doors....
some people and their work.... amazing
keep it going!

I ordered last autumn remanufactured door hinges from Yearone.
http://www.yearone.com/pco/A_0308/full.asp?page=315
Today evening I installed hinges on Swingers body and the passenger side door. Still have to line up the door with the quarter panel linings. When both doors are installed and lineup is done my car is ready to be send for replacing all needed sheetmetal.
Here is some pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_0595.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 1,304
  • IMG_0596.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 1,306
  • IMG_0597.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 1,327
Jarkka : Congratulations on the work on your Swinger 8) .

That fibreglass tilt front must be quite an archaic piece ! Is it from Direct Connection ?

Also , not being familiar with the history of your car , I was wondering if it's an original export to Finland ( "International Order" ) ?

Jarkka : Congratulations on the work on your Swinger 8) .

That fibreglass tilt front must be quite an archaic piece ! Is it from Direct Connection ?

Also , not being familiar with the history of your car , I was wondering if it's an original export to Finland ( "International Order" ) ?

Hi!

That front end is home made, at early 90's we found from western Finland, actually a small city named "Pori" a guy who had made a fibreglass mould/model of his 69 Swinger. We bought that model and made totally 4 front ends to our cars. This one has survived until now. I think I will retire it and get a new one, maybe from UsBody.com.

My car is export version, slant six and automatic, PB, manual steering, 7.25 rear end, sofa seat in front. Decent heater for winter. Speedometer is up to 200km/h. It was built in the Hamtrack plant.
(have a look in the beginning of this page, there is a link.)
Here is the product sheet:

Attachments

• Auton varusteet.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 1,241
Thanks for posting a pic of your Dart's build sheet !
I recognised the link you have provided ; I did not check it out until now .

Wish I could 'magnify' the photo of the build sheet , as I would love to see its Export Codes up-close ; also , what does "No Belts" mean under "Remarks" ( Line 11 subscript ) ?
Did export cars come sans seal belts ?

Would also like to see the K/H speedometre , if you would please :)

Thanks for posting a pic of your Dart's build sheet !
I recognised the link you have provided ; I did not check it out until now .

Wish I could 'magnify' the photo of the build sheet , as I would love to see its Export Codes up-close ; also , what does "No Belts" mean under "Remarks" ( Line 11 subscript ) ?
Did export cars come sans seal belts ?

Would also like to see the K/H speedometre , if you would please :)

I do also wonder this sentence "No belts". I'm the third owner, so I cannot say if the belts were there when the original owner got his car. Since I have had this car, there were 3-point seat belts.

I'll take a picture from that speedometer, next week...

Here is closeup of Export codes:

Attachments

• Export-codes.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 1,093
Thanks, do you have a link? What is this "KIJIJI"?
Kijiji...........Its a for sale site thats free. I have sold and purchased items with no problem..........Check out kijiji.ca Go to Ontario put in Dart and it should/hopefully be there...........Let me know how you make out. Edd

Kijiji...........Its a for sale site thats free. I have sold and purchased items with no problem..........Check out kijiji.ca Go to Ontario put in Dart and it should/hopefully be there...........Let me know how you make out. Edd

Thank you for the link! There is a lot of
Mopar A-body stuff.
Anyway, when I used keyword Dart and Ontario area
I got 9 pages. I did go through them, but no front flip...
Maybe just did not see it.

jarkka - Thanks much for the close-up of the export codes :thumleft: . I had a feeling that one of them was for the KpH speedo ; the other one must be for the sticker or riveted " Made In USA by Chrysler Corp for Export" tag .

It seems interesting that someone in another country would order a regular ( e.g. , non-performance ) model vs a GTS or a Swinger 340 .
Perhaps that's more common than I'm aware of , as all the articles seem to be for the high performance models ( Hemi'Cuda , Hemi Charger , 440 Six Pack Challenger , etc. , etc. ) .

As a side note : A friend's step father is native to Lebanon . Back in c.Spring 1970 , he ordered a 1970 Challenger R/T 340 . I can't remember where he ordered it through ; however , when the war(s) started in Lebanon , he had to get his family out ...
... and had to leave his Challenger behind :sad11:.

-
Back