Swinging for Divorce…

-
My wife asked what I wanted for Father’s Day. Here is our back and forth on what I wanted lol.

The cheaper to keep you comment came from this picture I sent here and she mentioned I haven’t traded her in yet.

IMG_3514.png

IMG_3507.png

Air conditioning is nice, especially if you want your lady to ride with you on a hot summer night!

Shazam! That looks excellent! How about I send you mine, you can refresh it too so you can keep your skills sharp!

Shazam! That looks excellent! How about I send you mine, you can refresh it too so you can keep your skills sharp!

Thanks!

I didn’t place the seal between the 2 pieces because I didn’t replace the heater core. So I skipped out on “finishing” the last touches, but it’s because I didn’t want to ruin the seal if I ever do decide to use it and replace the heater core or if someone buys it one day and they want to replace the heater core.

Hopefully I have the dash and steering column done by next weekend too! Just got some more parts yesterday. I need a couple of nut bezels to hold on the flasher, rear air and rear speaker switches…. Since I got the rear air switch I guess I’m going to have to buy a rear air defroster even though this car wasn’t supposed to have one lol.

IMG_3520.jpeg

IMG_3526.jpeg

IMG_3527.jpeg

Looks great!
Always replace the heater core!
No doubt, way easier now and heater cores are not alot of money.
Especially if one leaks into the carpet, or bursts and sends hot anti-freeze on the passenger's legs.

Looks great!
Always replace the heater core!

No doubt, way easier now and heater cores are not alot of money.
Especially if one leaks into the carpet, or bursts and sends hot anti-freeze on the passenger's legs.

If I was going to use this unit I would replace the heater core, but I am not going to use this. That’s why I didn’t use the final seal or all the clips to hold the 2 main pieces together.

I am going to go with a classic auto air unit, which is an entire system with a new heater/ac box.

IMG_3551.jpeg

IMG_3552.jpeg

Ordered more gaskets today, bearing for steering column and I also ordered all of the interior screws from an eBay vendor. The eBay vendors name is “grnds4dvrce” so it was the perfect person to purchase from.

I also had to get the bulb holders for the instrument cluster.

Death by a thousand cuts :lol: Surprised DMT and VansAuto don’t have my name memorized yet.

Wonder what else I will find out that I am missing. I should learn to make all of these foam gaskets, I’d definitely save myself some money.

Otherwise didn’t do anything much on the cars this weekend. We spent time working at the office and then doing family stuff.

IMG_3561.jpeg

IMG_3560.jpeg

This dash will be the death of me. New powder coated dash… I scratched it so I had to fix it… the bezels don’t line up perfectly… I can adjust the glovebox a little but it’s not going to line up perfectly straight.

Also the brand new bezel has a scratch in it, I definitely didn’t do that, I feel like it just flaked off… I’m not sure how I am going to fix the scratch in the bezel.

I need to now drill a hole for the rear defrost and 2 holes to finish attaching the middle dash bezel. Then I’ll finish the last of the dash, bubble wrap it and put it away in a big *** box hoping to not scratch it anymore.

IMG_3625.jpeg

IMG_3674.jpeg

IMG_3675.jpeg

IMG_3685.jpeg

IMG_3686.jpeg

70942778016__D32FA5D3-FA78-4263-A503-C2892CFBA270.jpeg

IMG_3702.jpeg

IMG_3706.jpeg

IMG_3685.jpeg

-
Back