Swinging for Divorce…

-
Well done, Doc!
Thanks!

We are getting a good deal on the house, the guy selling it is going through a divorce and he has to sell it. He is still making a profit on it from when he bought it 2 years ago, but we are not paying these crazy sky high prices.

The interior was all from BrianT, it looks good. I just need some GT or GTS door emblems. I only have 1 emblem and need the rest.

Here’s the barn I’m going to clean out and use as my old shitty car barn…. Lol. When you don’t want your wife to know you drug home another 500 dollar car… just stick in in or behind the barn.

IMG_3945.jpeg

IMG_3952.jpeg

IMG_3959.jpeg

IMG_4012.jpeg

Thanks!

We are getting a good deal on the house, the guy selling it is going through a divorce and he has to sell it. He is still making a profit on it from when he bought it 2 years ago, but we are not paying these crazy sky high prices.

The interior was all from BrianT, it looks good. I just need some GT or GTS door emblems. I only have 1 emblem and need the rest.

Here’s the barn I’m going to clean out and use as my old shitty car barn…. Lol. When you don’t want your wife to know you drug home another 500 dollar car… just stick in in or behind the barn.

View attachment 1716115269

View attachment 1716115270

View attachment 1716115272

View attachment 1716115273
Yeah, I may have slipped in a few car parts that my wife didn't know about. It helps when I'm the one who does the checkbook balancing! LOL!

Well haven’t worked on the car much since we moved. I can almost get back to it in the first shop. The second shop is almost clean and it’s much warmer, because it is insulated. In the next couple of weeks I’ll clean the insulated shop and then I will try to move it over so I can start working on it again. I need to get brakes done, suspension done and so on. I also really need to find a damn painter lol.

It’s Black Friday and I was going to buy aluminum heads for it but the SM heads require offset rockers… I bought a couple of sets of SB rockers and BB rockers as well as head studs and main studs.

IMG_5573.jpeg

IMG_5567.jpeg

IMG_5574.jpeg

My dentist (church friend) loves to talk to me with his fingers in my mouth? Start asking patients "So, you ever heard of Jack Wetwood?"

Nice shop Justin!

Jack Wetwood? How would I even go about finding this person and what would I be running him down for? Lol
Misstype Its Jack Westwood. Sorry. Any old time Mopar guy ther knows of Jack. He might not still be above the grass I haven' talked to him in a few years.. No my little cell phone has NO numbers!

Yeah when your drilling a tooth ask patient if they know anyone that can paint a Dart. Maybe put sign up in waiting room "car painter wanted, can trade for tooth work".

There is a 79 yo Jack Westwood in Erlanger Ky.
Maybe thats him?
Jack started the Mopar club down there years ago. As usual the guys got their panties in a wade?? and he let the other guys run it. That goes back what? 25 years? He used to live around Billings or just South of there// Like said I havn't talked to Jack in 4-5 years.
If you can find a number for Brent Nipper at Buffalo I bet he could recommend someone.

Moved the purple car into the “cleaner” shop. Have to get a dumpster out here again to get rid of a bunch more trash. Between boxes, old floors, walls, stairs and everything else it never seems to end…

Then started moving furniture out and stuff around in the big shop… have to get it cleaned up and organized enough for the new black dart that’s showing up next week…. Courtesy of @BrianT. I also got 12 new LED shop lights for this place to light it up better. Don’t worry, I’ll install them on the ceiling lol

Then maybe I can start putting the shitty swinger back together.

I also really need to raise the ceiling in this shop.

IMG_5833.jpeg

IMG_5830.jpeg

IMG_5843.jpeg

IMG_5841.jpeg

don't get too ready to hang all your lights on the ceiling. I put lights up on the side of my garage at the level of side windows in the car for better illumination inside the car, and even lower to give me light when working under the car

I mounted some of my lights at a 45* angle along both walls, this helped tremendously when working in the interior. And, at thst angle you weren't looking into them everytime you turned around.

don't get too ready to hang all your lights on the ceiling. I put lights up on the side of my garage at the level of side windows in the car for better illumination inside the car, and even lower to give me light when working under the car

Yeah working under the car will have a lack of lights unless you put lights lower, or use some of those LED sticks. I luckily have garage doors on the front and the back to help allow light in the shop during the day. It would be way to hot and sticky to keep those open during the summer though.

I mounted some of my lights at a 45* angle along both walls, this helped tremendously when working in the interior. And, at thst angle you weren't looking into them everytime you turned around.

Great ideas! I have lights already up, the bulbs just are burning out 1 by 1. Maybe I’ll go buy new 4ft bulbs for them and then keep some of the LEDs for the walls and such.

Just go LED as they burn out, I only have one light that isn't LED and I have it's replacement waiting in the wings. I've see about a 20% reduction since I have replaced all of the lights in the house and all but one in my work area. Plus, none of the LED's generate the heat that incandescent lights do.

Bad News - I went to buy new fluorescent tubes for my 8 foot shop lights this month and was informed that you can no longer legally buy them here or buy them on line and have them shipped here. I ended up buying a kit to install LEDs in the 8 foot fixtures. The "kit" was new bulbs and instructions for rewiring the fixture to eliminate the Ballast.

Good News - the LED bulbs were priced about the same as the old fluorescent tubes, it took about 20 minutes per fixture to convert them, and they are MUCH BRIGHTER and turn on full power instantly. Glad I made the switch!

Beautiful paint. Are you planning to install a brake booster? I have a 440 to reinstall into my 68’ Dart. Not sure if a booster will fit.

@DentalDart did you finally get Shawn nailed down to a date? I went to a bonfire at his house a while back and he was using the Dart as a work bench.

1703414366789.jpeg

Moved the purple car into the “cleaner” shop. Have to get a dumpster out here again to get rid of a bunch more trash. Between boxes, old floors, walls, stairs and everything else it never seems to end…

Then started moving furniture out and stuff around in the big shop… have to get it cleaned up and organized enough for the new black dart that’s showing up next week…. Courtesy of @BrianT. I also got 12 new LED shop lights for this place to light it up better. Don’t worry, I’ll install them on the ceiling lol

Then maybe I can start putting the shitty swinger back together.

I also really need to raise the ceiling in this shop.

View attachment 1716182340

View attachment 1716182341

View attachment 1716182342

View attachment 1716182343
Looking good, Doc! Here's what drywall, white paint and LED ceiling lights do.

20220610_121005.jpg

-
Back