T/A Heads!

-
Too 8) ...gotta love the 340's.

Ad is a bit confusing, but his 6pk carb pix are great. ;-)

Too 8) ...gotta love the 340's.

Ad is a bit confusing, but his 6pk carb pix are great. ;-)

Must be just me... I thought $2,200.00 for a set of heads was a little high.

You would never know the difference between regular heads and these offset rocker type with the valve covers on.

I delt with a lot of T/A suff down to matching up engines to the cars.I know of 340 sixpack guys and gave them that ebay site. They just laughed.said thay arn't no more then 500.00 complete.This guy must think he got gold or got riped off and trying to rip someone else off.I think it is ok to make some money off parts but if we are mopar people where are the breaks.T think there to many flipers on all of the sites.Oh I have two sets of the T/A heads and one complete engine. then I find the person with the car[witch I think I have the car is in PA york area] I am going to offer the engine to him for 3000.00. 2200.00 for a set of heads ha ha ha

The Problem Is, As Long As People Keep Buying This Overpriced Stuff, It Will Always Be Just That. Over-priced! I Sold A 340 Short Block To Guy Who Called Me Out Of The Blue. He Had To Have A 340 Engine. I Popped Off & Sold It To Him For $2500.00. This Was An Short Block That Needed To Be Freashened Up. No Cam, No Oil Pan, Nothing. I Used The Cash To Build My 360.

The Problem Is, As Long As People Keep Buying This Overpriced Stuff, It Will Always Be Just That. Over-priced! I Sold A 340 Short Block To Guy Who Called Me Out Of The Blue. He Had To Have A 340 Engine. I Popped Off & Sold It To Him For $2500.00. This Was An Short Block That Needed To Be Freashened Up. No Cam, No Oil Pan, Nothing. I Used The Cash To Build My 360.

You hit the nail on the head. It's the people who are willing to pay stupid money that ruined the hobby for all. And thats because they are paid ridiculouse salaries/contracts so have money to burn.

I was talking to a guy not long ago that he said his friend has 23 complete 340 motors in his basement. The guy started collecting them in the 80s.

Guy must have been dumb as a rock to pay that much for a 340 short block.

I paid under $300 for my 340 short block. I had to bore it to .060, but it came with a steel crank and the original windage tray.

to Mikedevore
I have a 1967 340 bare block (never bored) that I had tanked and magnaflux.
Do you think I can get $2,500 for mine?

Ok then,Not trying to hijack but,
I have a '70 340,short block standard bor/pistons,and a set of "j's" I got. Ported,big valve,new in the package manily ductile adjustable rockers,shafts,pushrods, I have been thinking of selling for my Hemi prodject. What do I really ask for it??
What should I really take??

to Mikedevore
I have a 1967 340 bare block (never bored) that I had tanked and magnaflux.
Do you think I can get $2,500 for mine?

I thought the 340's started in 68....probably a 67 date code? $2,500 sounds high, but for a stock bore to the right buyer....maybe. :-k

I think that was $2200 per head. It said 2 available. Imagine telling you kid "you have to go to junior college this year, I spent your tuition on a set if heads"?

-
Back